Human Resource Compliance Specialist
Charles River LaboratoriesFull time
Title: HR Compliance Specialist
Location: Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 or Remote
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and wellbeing of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a HR Compliance Specialist for our Corporate Human Resources. This is a remote position and can be located anywhere within the U.S.
The HR Compliance Specialist will partner with Global Talent Acquisition, Legal, HR Business Partners, Total Rewards and HR Operations to drive compliance and inclusion for Charles River. In this role, you will be accountable for the following:
- Provide guidance and support to pertaining to HR Compliance related issues
- Manage and coordinate all activities relating to AAP, EEO1, and VETS reporting in accordance with established deadlines
- Develop annual Affirmative Action program narrative reports, including supporting documents and conduct training with Global Talent Acquisition and HR business partners
- Provide documentation, education and training to managers and employees on various compliance requirements, including the Company’s internal resources
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of I9 forms, and provide training as necessary
- Manage any OFCCP, state, or other external audits to ensure compliance, in partnership with external partners
- Assists in training programs regarding other OFCCP compliance
- Coordinate global immigration activities in partnership with internal and external colleagues
- Participate in special projects as necessary, including assisting other areas of the Human Resources team, ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
The following are minimum qualifications related to the HR Compliance Specialist role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Minimum 5 years of Talent Acquisition and/or Recruiting compliance experience (i.e. AAP, EEO1 reporting, OFCCP compliance, I9 verification)
- Strong working knowledge of OFCCP compliance expectations and ability to apply general and/or specialized compliance aspects, regulations, rules, and practices to recruiting
- Solid knowledge of employment laws and human resources policies and procedures
- Knowledge of recruiting and employment practices, federal and state employment laws
- Experience with applicant tracking systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; advanced level in Excel; Access is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; resourceful in delivering high quality work; and detail oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and personal information Strong ability to interface with all levels of the organization
The following are preferred qualifications related to this role:
- Experience working directly on OFCCP audit requests is preferred
- Experience with global immigration
- Experience with SuccessFactors as an applicant tracking system
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an earlystage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and nonGLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and wellbeing of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet