Adjunct Faculty – Humanities
Southern New Hampshire UniversityFull time
Adjunct Faculty Humanities
Location: US – Remote
Southern New Hampshire University is currently seeking faculty to teach in our General Education program. Our online faculty provide high-quality academic experiences and support students as they work toward their educational goals. Online faculty members work collaboratively in a supportive academic environment, partnering with student advising and the academic team to ensure that each student has support, tools and resources he or she need to be successful.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Provide a high level of student outreach and connect with students, academic advisors and team leads on a frequent basis to ensure student success
- Be engaging, offering and increased and innovative presence in the classroom
- Provide substantial student feedback and offer a quick turnaround on grades
- Master’s degree Fine Arts, Art, Culture Studies, Humanities, or Interdisciplinary studies
- Teaching experience across a variety of social sciences and/or humanities courses
- Teaching Experience at the college level
- The standard compensation for most courses is $2,200 per 8-week undergraduate course, and $2,500 per 10-week graduate course.
- Undergraduate and graduate adjuncts are paid bi-weekly and are considered W-2 employees of Southern NH University.
A background check is required for employment and may include licensure/certification verification.
Why Join SNHU?
Ours is a dynamic environment where innovation is encouragedand ideas are welcomed. We believe in one another’s potential, and we focus on creating a positive community where collaboration, belonging, and growth are valued.
SNHU employees are a team in every sense. Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique experiences, perspectives, and ideas to create a vibrant work environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance, and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal: to transform the lives of learners.
As a global leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the individual differences of our learning community. We believe that our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true selves. Therefore, we are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion in which all of our employees feel welcomed, valued, and empowered. We’re proud to have been recognized as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since its inception.
By joining our team, you join us in our vision. Together, we’ll shape the future of education by transforming livesbeginning with yours.