Coding Consultant Inpatient 2
Ciox HealthFull time
Title: Coding Consultant Inpatient 2
Location: United States
Assigns diagnostic and procedural codes to patient records using ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, and ICD-10-PCS codes.
A Coding Consultant, Inpatient – Level 3 codes complex cases for all lengths of stays and as needed.
- Reviews medical records and assigns accurate codes for diagnoses and procedures.
- Assigns and sequences codes accurately based on medical record documentation.
- Assigns the appropriate discharge disposition to medical records.
- Abstracts and enters the coded data for hospital statistical and reporting requirements.
- Communicates documentation improvement opportunities and coding issues to appropriate personnel for follow up and resolution.
- Maintains 95% coding accuracy rate and 95% accuracy rate for MS-DRG assignment and maintains site designated productivity standards.
- Maintains minimum production of 1 charts per hour or site specific productivity standards.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Communicates professionally with co-workers, management, and hospital staff regarding clinical and reimbursement issues.
ADDITIONAL JOB COMPONENTS:
- Typically works remotely, accessing work related tasks via VPN access.
- Reports to work as scheduled.
- Complies with all Company and HIM Division policies and procedures.
- Responsible for tracking continuing education credits to maintain professional credentials.
- Attends mandatory sponsored in-service and/or education meetings as required.
- Adheres to the American Health Information Management Association’s code of ethics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- LOCATION: This job is fully remote
- TYPE: Part-time (PRN, hours may vary)
- Associate or Bachelor’ degree from AHIMA certified HIM Program or Nursing Program or completion of certificate program with CCS preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
- A minimum of 1-5 years of coding experience in a hospital and/or coding consulting role.
- Experience in computerized encoding and abstracting software.
- Required to take and pass annual Introductory HIPAA examination and other assigned testing to be given
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.