Title: Coder Abstractor
Location: United States – Remote
The Coder Abstractor is responsible for conducting chart reviews for purposes of identifying, confirming, and/or documenting appropriate medical coding per Quality Outcomes and/or ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM requirements.
- Accurately and efficiently conduct medical record review/abstraction services;
- Maintain accuracy and productivity standards on all assigned projects
- Maintain ongoing communication with supervisor regarding issues/nuances that arise during review processes;
- Submit complete, timely and accurate information as per protocol;
- Attend all department meetings and trainings as directed;
- Complete accuracy, and inter-rater reliability testing upon hire and on an ongoing basis as determined by Inovalon;
- Maintain appropriate certification/licensure as required in this position;
- Maintain compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures and mission statement;
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon’s Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position; and
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Company.
- Medical Record Coder (CPC or comparable with at least 1 year of coding experience)
- Prefer experience in performing chart abstractions;
- Ability to handle and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines;
- Computer literate and detail oriented;
- Professionally skilled in verbal and written communication;
- Must have high speed internet access.
- Successfully complete all job specific Inovalon training programs
- Associate’s degree preferred and/or related work experience
- Certificate in medical coding required.