Video Producer, Polygon
at Vox Media
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience’s daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Polygon is a website dedicated to video games, entertainment, and the culture that surrounds them. We’re looking for a Video Producer to create videos that are smart, funny, and fit with Polygon’s voice.
This position will work closely with Polygon’s video team to shoot, edit, and publish videos for their YouTube channel. You should be able to juggle multiple projects at once and possess the initiative to pitch and execute on new ideas quickly. More broadly, we’re looking for someone with a love and knowledge of games, a willingness to learn and grow within the role, and above all else, a strong sense of curiosity.
Please provide a resume, links to your two best videos, and a video cover letter, either as an attachment or a link below. This video should be under two minutes and give us a quick idea of who you are, what you can do, and why you want to work for Polygon.
What you’ll do:
- Pitch and create original videos for various platforms and audiences, primarily YouTube
- Collaborate closely with other members of the video team, providing support for others’ videos as needed
- Participate in pitch meetings, brainstorming sessions, and table reads
- Schedule and conduct interviews for ongoing video projects
- Provide occasional production and editorial support for sponsored videos
- Capture game footage as needed
What you’ll bring:
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere
- The ability to recognize things people will want to watch and share
- Strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail
- A passion for video games, entertainment, and Polygon’s mission
- Some experience with camera operation and audio recording
- Experience with Photoshop and After Effects a plus, but not required
This role is a part of the Vox Media Union, represented by the Writers Guild of America, East.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.