Becker Professional EducationFull time
Project Manager (Curriculum Development)
- Location: US-Remote/Virtual-Remote/Virtual
- Job ID: 2020-115298 | Institution: Becker Professional Education |
- Department: Curriculum Development |
- Employment Type: Regular Full-Time | FLSA Status: U.S. – Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
The Project Manager will work with the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Curriculum team at Becker Professional Education to establish project management solutions that ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the processes related to curriculum planning, content writing, content technical review, and course delivery methods. The project manager will collaborate with cross functional teams within Becker Professional Education and other third-party vendors, when necessary, to manage timelines related to multiple large projects.
- Analyzes project requirements; includes investigating project needs in various functional areas, and identifying resources required.
- Develops detailed project plans that develop key activities, timelines, and resource requirements needed to achieve project objectives while adhering to an appropriate systematic development process.
- Conducts project meetings, captures meeting notes and action items, communicates assignments and expectations to project team members and tracks completion of project deliverables to ensure quality and integrity of all project-related products.
- Utilizes project information repositories to maintain the quality of all project documents/data to ensure the integrity of a project.
- Initiates efforts to advance the project; tracks and documents completion of work plan activities.
- Manages multiple projects according to plan, measures, monitors, and reports progress at defined points to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget.
- Modifies tasks, sequencing, and re-sourcing as appropriate to maintain progress.
- Identifies and addresses obstacles; pursues resolution.
- Manages project teams and related implementation activities according to project plans in a matrix organization.
- Makes suggestions for using resources more effectively and coordinates / negotiates staffing changes with managers.
- Balances use of vendor resources and internal resources.
- Coaches and develops team members in support of the achievement of the project.
- Provides feedback to the project team members, as appropriate.
- Communicates project progress and issues to internal stakeholders, especially related to impact of changes in project resources, scheduling, scope and delivery.
- Works closely with the groups involved to ensure smooth implementation.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of full lifecycle project management experience including knowledge of PMBOK or other equivalent methodology. PMP certification desired.
- BS/BA degree required; Masters in Business or Project Management desirable.
- Strong organziational skills,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve issues and determine effective business and alternative solutions.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to advance projects while managing multiple initiatives.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization and work in a fast paced environment with many initiatives.
- Ability to manage a variety of business and vendor resources.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions with minimal supervision and direction.
- Proficient with project management practices and tools.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; Microsoft Project and Visio a plus
- Capability to influence and instill credibility in sponsors, peers and subordinates by meeting project milestones, deadlines and budget.
- Experience in an academic enterprise is definitely a plus.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.