Systems (DevOps) Administrator
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.®Full time security linux azure azure-devops rest
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Role: Backend Developer, DevOps
Industry: Banking, Financial Technology, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 5k–10k people
Company type: Public
security, linux, azure, azure-devops, rest
As a Systems (DevOps) Administrator, you will be supporting the people, tools, and systems of the Banno team at Jack Henry. You'll work with engineering, operations, and product staff to build and support tools to automate all manner of work including account management, 3rd party vendor integrations, operational transparency/audit reports, incident response, and release management. You'll work closely with our web hosting teams to provide technical support for our content management platform. You'll assist your TechOps teammates with the maintenance and deployment of approx. 300 MacBooks. You'll be involved in an on-call rotation.
Banno's services are built on nix-based containers and container orchestration systems which span both public and private cloud. If you've dabbled in a programming language, tuning your system's kernel for performance, enjoy keeping up with modern security practices, or like digging into network routing then this is a great opportunity with a lot of potentials. 85% or more of the Banno team works remote full-time and we're all very comfortable living somewhere between text-based chat platforms and video calls. Travel may possibly be required up to 5% for company meetings and professional development.
About the Banno Team
Banno is redefining the relationship between forward-thinking financial institutions and their customers. We are committed to help our community financial institutions make digital banking personal. Banno leverages bleeding edge technology and an industry-leading product vision to make user-friendly mobile and web apps. We have a first-class API; the same API our web and mobile apps use is the same API that is open to the community to build on top of and extend.
Our work environment echoes a modern tech startup, but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly-traded company. We are built around relationships and place people at the center of our decisions and strategy. We place a high value on taking ownership, forming relationships built on empathy, and in general being helpful towards others. We encourage continuous learning and also contribute to, and use, open-source projects.
This position will work Remotely from the United States.
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing tools to integrate/automate workflows between SaaS platforms and internal systems (Jira, Slack, Teams, Github or 3rd party vendors/plugins).
- Must have experience with automation or CI/CD pipeline.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) preferred.
- Applicable industry standard certification(s) preferred; Linux Administration, Systems Security, Web Security.
- Scripting and infrastructure related programming languages; GO, python, bash
- Ships Code! - Our first and foremost task is to ensure our developer's code is deployed in a timely manner. We keep track of the code pipeline and manage our production application release.
- Maintaining a positive, collaborative relationship with development teams.
- Ability to collaborate and work with geographically dispersed teams.
- Passion for customer service and a drive for developing technical skillsets.
- Participates in on-call 24x7 support rotation and scheduled after hours maintenance work.
- Documents and implements system procedures, policies and events.
- Troubleshoots and resolves customer and internally reported system problems.
- May assist support groups with customer issues.