Information Security Analyst, Third Party – Vendor Management
Information Security Analyst, Third Party/Vendor Management
Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world – picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
Ciena is seeking an Information Security Analyst, Third Party/Vendor Management who has experience in managing complex third-party security projects and assessments. The Information Security Analyst needs to be proficient in assessing third party security risk and be effective at translating security terminology and risk into business impact. This individual is skilled in security risk remediation, process improvement, and welcomes change. In this role, the analyst will work with stakeholders from across the enterprise to ensure the protection of Ciena assets when engaging with third parties. Some key responsibilities for this role include:
- Manage the end to end third party security due diligence process in partnership with procurement and other stakeholders
- Be accountable for providing accurate, complete, and timely security assessments to evaluate a third party’s control effectiveness and risk to Ciena business, data, and assets
- Produce high quality assessment reports that clearly articulate risk in a meaningful way to stakeholders, conveying sometimes complex topics to several levels of management
- Assess identified issues and coordinate with stakeholders to develop action plans and monitor to resolution
- Work collaboratively with team members and procurement to prioritize assessment needs and ensure assessment SLAs are met
- Manage internal and external relationships effectively
- Advocate for, and participate in, change efforts that improve the third-party security program
- Be a champion for security and model behaviors consistent with cybersecurity best practices and keep abreast of security trends and threats
- Represent the best interests of Ciena
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years of technical experience, with focus on IT risk management and third party/vendor management preferred
- Minimum intermediate level understanding of audit, risk, security, governance, and controls
- Understanding of data exposure risk due to third-party interaction
- Experience in project management and related disciplines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated interpersonal skills required
- Ability to partner effectively with technical and business stakeholders
- Experience with conducting remote and onsite security assessments
- Certification highly desired: CISM, CISA, CRISC, CISSP, or related
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.