Credible OperationsFull time
Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the role
Credible is looking for a driven and organized editor to join our Content and SEO team. You’ll be a core contributor to our content strategy and help consumers make better financial decisions.
You’ll be editing mortgage (and other personal finance) content for copy, style, and overall tone and working closely with writers to produce high quality articles. You’ll also be working on article optimizations to improve our content using SEO best practices.
This is an important role because mortgage is our newest product. We’re on a mission to make getting a mortgage a hassle-free process, so our mortgage content needs to be clear and easy to digest — and we need a rockstar editor to make that happen.
- Edit and write personal finance content (focus on mortgage)
- Review content and perform fact checks
- Optimize articles for SEO using keywords, tables, visuals, etc.
- Work closely with in-house and freelance writers to ensure quality content
- Help put together content briefs for writers based on topic ideas and SEO recommendations
- Assist our Managing Editor with other content strategy tasks as needed
- Stay up to date on industry trends and continually expanding mortgage (and other personal finance) knowledge
- Have experience working within WordPress and other content management systems a plus (we use CoSchedule, Asana, and Jira)
Personality and values:
- Passionate about content (and personal finance!)
- Comfortable editing personal finance content and have at least 3 years experience doing so
- Knowledgeable about mortgage and mortgage refinancing and seeking to learn more
- Reliable and respectful
- Always taking initiative and able to work independently
- Eager to work in a dynamic start-up environment where opportunity for ownership and impact is significant
Education and Experience:
- At least 3 years experience editing personal finance content (expertise in mortgage a big plus!)
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or a related field preferred
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, organization, and strong project management skills
- Experience with basic HTML and CSS a plus
This is a full-time position open to remote candidates or on-site candidates in San Francisco, CA or Durham, NC. Compensation is based on experience.
Why work at Credible
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company.
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food and a flexible vacation policy.
But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.