Location: United States
We believe shopping should be simple and exciting and empower people to see the best version of themselves. We have started off with the eyewear industry and are changing an old-school, overwhelming, clinical, boring experience into a delightful one where customers feel great about themselves and their purchase.
Computer vision and machine learning power our industry-leading augmented reality virtual try-on, facial analysis, and frame recommendation engine. We license this technology platform to eyewear retailers who embed it into their web, mobile, and in-store experiences to fundamentally shift how they sell eyewear. We have a great foundation. Our technology is being used by over 10M users a month around the world, and we have strong partnerships with some of the world’s top eyewear retailers.
Ditto seeks an iOS Engineer to improve and expand our iOS SDKs and consumer-facing applications. You will be responsible for the design, development, and distribution of our iOS software. The ideal candidate is experienced in mobile architecture and has an interest in user interface design. You will be a member of a highly-motivated team. This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer experience. You will implement complex software in accordance with project requirements, UX design, and industry best practices. You will also review designs and participate in meaningful collaboration sessions on how to solve customer problems and participate in determining the scope for new projects. You will own components of the architecture and direct the work of other team members. This role can be 100% remote.
What you’ll do:
- Develop highly innovative consumer-facing mobile products
- Contribute to develop and maintain code in a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Work with Engineering Managers, and Product Owners to prioritize work within an agile development methodology
- Translate requirements into designs and well-engineered code backed by automated tests
- Leverage your knowledge of iOS tools and infrastructure to improve our core technology
- Prototype new features and applications – Integrate and port server-side computer vision functionalities within the iOS environment
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of building feature-heavy native applications for iOS utilizing Swift and Objective-C
- History of published app(s) iOS apps in the application store
- Experience integrating RESTful APIs
- Proven history of written communication
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor other engineers
- Familiar with automation testing, build, and continuous integration
- Comfortable with converting Photoshop/Sketch/Illustrator designs into live applications
- Knowledge of OpenGL/Metal, web applications, Python, C/C++ preferred
- Experience with Android preferred