Talent | Writer (contract)
$30k $80k No equity
- Location: New York City or Remote
- Hires remotely in: Europe North America South America
- Job type: Contract
- Visa sponsorship: Not Available
- Experience: 2+ years
AngelList is looking for a writer to help out our marketing efforts.
This role would have a single responsibility to start out writing the weekly newsletter. Here’s our current cadence:
- Tuesday: pitching topics to the team
- Wednesday: writing a first draft
- Thursday: incorporating feedback from editors and sending it out
If there’s a fit, there’s an opportunity to take on a broader content development role at AngelList.
What we’re looking for
We don’t have any hard experience requirements, but it’s likely that you’ve been publishing your writing for 2+ years, and at least some of that content has been about the technology industry.
We’re looking for the following skills:
- General writing ability. You can turn thoughts into coherent words quickly.
- Creativity. You understand your audience and can brainstorm topics that will capture their attention.
- Understanding of the tech industry. That’s what you’ll be writing about, after all.
- Self-management skills. We’ll expect that you can meet deadlines.
- Include in your application