Senior Legal Contract Manager
Worldwide Clinical TrialsFull time
Senior Legal Contract Manager – US (Remote)
- Morrisville, NC or Remote
- Requisition Number: 841
- Employment Type: Regular
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
The Senior Legal Contract Manager is responsible for the overall management of activities involved in the development/preparation and revision of the company’s contracts/change orders with its sponsors. Inclusive of the legal review, negotiation and finalization of Master Service Agreements for the global late phase business. Manage a variety of clinical services and related local and global contracts in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws, and sponsor requirements. The Contract Manager is responsible for the full life cycle of sponsor contracts/change orders and amendments and provides advice to Worldwide’s business units and project teams on contract management and policy compliance matters.
- Confidently review, comment and negotiate the Master Service Agreement (MSA) with sponsor. Modify the MSA template provided by sponsor in addition to original text to ensure the MSA template provided by sponsor are aligned with Worldwide standard clauses.
- Liaise with the Legal Department and any other required Departments, to ensure the Master Service Agreements are acceptable to Worldwide.
- When applicable, collaborate with Business Development, Therapeutic Leaders, Operations and Finance to ensure the Master Service Agreements reflect what has been operationally agreed between Worldwide and the sponsor.
- Interact/consult with Legal Counsel, Finance Director, and Senior Management when applicable to obtain necessary approvals for special language in the Master Service Agreements.
- Collaborate with Legal Department and any other required Departments to get final approved versions of the Master Service Agreements.
- Collaborate with Business Development, Therapeutic Leaders, Operations, Finance and Legal departments to draft and finalize contracts/change orders and contract termination documents with
- Lead and participate in conference calls to negotiate terms of an agreement with the sponsor. Ensure the scope of work is defined correctly and reflected in the study budget.
- Ensure any changes are integrated into the main study contract efficiently and accurately. Develop and/or modify service description text in addition to original proposal text, which collectively becomes the core contract/exhibit.
- Interact and consult with the Finance group to develop and obtain approval on payment schedules and payment terms.
- Interact and consult with Legal to obtain Legal approval of contracts/change orders if necessary.
- Overall tracking/financial reporting of document status and values via routine updates to Salesforce and Worldwide’s finance system.
- Ensure appropriate information distribution and discussion with relevant operational groups during contract/change order negotiations.
- Attend internal project handover meetings, if necessary, to document all necessary details for contract development and finalization.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate legal concepts and analyses
- Ability to advise senior corporate management on the consequences of various contractual provisions
- Ability to work independently with confidence.
- Strong planning, strategizing, managing, monitoring, scheduling, and analytical skills. Effective negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, and changing environment. Effective stakeholder management with cross-functional teams for process improvement and/or change initiatives.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate via the phone and in-person with a high degree of professionalism.
- Out-of-the-box mentality where “making the impossible possible” is top of mind for any project involvement.
- Proactive person, ability to deliver, practical passion to perform always stronger and better. Metrics-driven, and goal-oriented with a strong attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills; ability to prioritize, delegate, and evaluate work. Good networking and influencing skills.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands; sense of urgency. Ability to successfully lead and manage projects.
- Strong familiarity with CRM, especially Salesforce.com.
- Knowledge of general corporate business practices, commercial contracting principles Prior exposure in Proposal Development and Business Development Operations.
- Working knowledge of general legal and contracting principles required.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience with review and negotiation of the Master Service Agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent.
- Four to six years of direct experience with CRO or pharmaceutical data; sourcing, integration, analysis, and reporting.
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
- Exposure to high pressure, intense concentration needed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and out-of-the-box thinking
- Frequent interaction with clients & other stakeholders
- Ability to work varied hours when required
- Rare travel may be required.