Senior Full Stack Engineer, Mobile and Web Apps
Ready RespondersFull time node.js react native
Ready delivers medical care to patients in the comfort of their own home. We’re working to improve the lives of patients in our communities through our holistic, patient-centric approach to providing mobile urgent care for acute health issues and recurring care for chronic conditions. Our team has been featured in local news stories, EMS World, and JAMA, and was awarded first place in the New Orleans Big Idea competition for our cutting edge care. We now offer care in five states, with more coming soon. Ready is backed by leading venture capital firms, including GV Google Ventures, Deerfield Management, Founders Fund, Rise of the Rest, and City Lights Capital.
About The Opportunity
The Ready Product & Engineering Team is a fast-growing team of 20 members, which supports the delivery of care to patients, coordination of medics in the field, integrations with healthcare partners, and consolidation of data for reporting to the larger organization.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to focus primarily on the ReadyMedic mobile app built with React Native, which is used by our medics in the field. The ReadyMedic mobile app provides medics the ability to view their visit schedule, receive notifications of new visits, respond to the visit address, and track the progress of the visit. You will also work with the Dispatch Portal web app, used by dispatchers to dispatch and monitor medics in the field, schedule patient visits, manage medic shifts, and manage the operations in each market. These internal products decrease response times of medics to mobile urgent care visits, help field operations to ensure the right number of medics are scheduled for each day, and provide new tools to help dispatchers to communicate to medics in the field.
You’ll be a good fit for this role if you value having significant ownership of your work, helping to lead the direction of the team and product, and mentoring other engineers. We value collaboration, cross-team partnerships, continuous learning, and curiosity. We want to create an environment where all team members feel supported to openly discuss their opinions and ideas.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with designers and product managers to develop new features for the ReadyMedic mobile app and the Dispatch Portal web app
- Work with product managers to build roadmaps and release timelines
- Work with product managers to create detailed specifications for epics and stories
- Streamline mobile development practices and deployments
- Work with QA to improve and automate mobile testing practices
- Manage mobile releases in Github
- Ensure good code quality, documentation, and test coverage
- Help track down mobile bugs and troubleshoot with other teams
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a software engineering role, with at least 2 years of engineering lead experience on a React Native mobile application
- Full-stack engineering and platform architecture experience
- Experience with NodeJS, ReactJS, and React Native
- Experience with the entire product lifecycle (development, testing, release, and maintenance)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- A background in healthcare or experience working in highly regulated industries
- Experience working with enterprise Android mobile apps deployed to employee devices
- Experience working with AWS Amplify and AppSync
- Experience working with AngularJS
- Experience building, managing, and mentoring a team of engineers