Senior Web Developer - Help us teach kids to code!
About this job
Compensation: $120k - 175k | Equity
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Industry: Education Technology, Gaming, Mobile Game
Company size: 1–10 people
Company type: VC Funded
We're looking for someone to ready to lead the web development for a profitable, growing company that teaches tens of millions of kids to code. You'll work directly with top-tier educators from Harvard, Leapfrog, Teach For America, and more to build a product that teaches computer science to kids while *actually* being fun! The best part: this is a hands-on role. Less meetings, more coding! Sound exciting? Read on...
About the Role
Who we’re looking for:
- You have 5+ years web development experience in a production environment
- You care deeply about programming education
- You have contributed significantly to the release of a production-level application (preferably not a side-project, something with actual users)
- You have experience with REST APIs from both client and server sides
- You have experience writing performant SQL queries and managing a high-traffic database (preferably PostgreSQL)
Highly Preferable if:
- You have experience with Ruby
- You have experience working with a front-end framework in a production environment (AngularJS, React, Vue, etc)
- You have experience with Test-Driven Development
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Sinatra, Sequel, Grape, or ActiveRecord
- Experience with background jobs and asynchronous architecture (Sidekiq even better!)
- You've worked with AWS Lambda and background jobs
- Game Development experience
About the team:
The Kodable team is full of bright, ambitious people who are passionate about their jobs. You’ll work with a product team with over 50 years of collective experience creating top-notch games for companies like EA, Leapfrog, and Scientific Learning. Every member of the team has a voice in making Kodable great.
Right now, we’re working on improving user experiences on both our parent and teacher dashboard. You’ll join us in creating new features and improving existing ones to increase the value of Kodable to every parent, teacher and child who uses it.