Senior Agile Product Owner
SemanticBitsFull time agile product owner
Hiring from: Anywhere
SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services, and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We develop cutting-edge solutions to complex problems for commercial, academic, and government organizations. The systems we develop are used in finding cures for deadly diseases, improving the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people, and revolutionizing the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. There is a meaningful connection between our work and the real people who benefit from it; and, as such, we create an environment in which new ideas and innovative strategies are encouraged. We are an established company with the mindset of a startup and we feel confident that we offer an employment experience unlike any other and that we set our employees up for professional success every day.
SemanticBits is a mission-driven company which works side by side with customers to articulate a vision for success, and then make it happen. We know success doesn't happen by accident. It takes the right team of people, working together on the right solutions for the customer. We are looking for a seasoned Product Owner who will be a key driver to make this happen.
You will play a pivotal role on a high performing Agile software development team, driving the vision of the product through the program backlog and into product backlogs. You will own the program and product roadmaps, as well as the high-level features and epics on the program and product backlogs. You will interact with individuals from many disciplines across the team, including subject matter experts, business analysts, architects, and technical leads. You will also be a key touch point in our human-centered design approach, working closely with user researchers and user experience designers to ensure the product vision is appropriately captured.
The products that comprise the program you will be working on are mission critical systems for the federal government. They are used every day by tens of thousands of healthcare providers across the country to ensure patients are receiving the highest quality of care possible. We build this software using modern technologies, DevOps practices, and cloud-based infrastructure. The work setting is highly dynamic, with numerous project teams (each with multiple Scrum teams) working towards a common vision to deliver an integrated solution.
- Identify and refine customer needs and program strategy
- Own and refine the vision of the program and products
- Effectively break down the program vision into features and epics
- Prioritize the features and epics on the program backlog
- Derive an Agile program roadmap from the program backlog
- Define minimum viable products and establish success criteria
- Collaborate closely with a wide range of individuals on the Agile team
- Communicate vision, strategy, roadmaps, and backlogs to key stakeholders
- Coordinate with a team of business analysts who write user stories and refine product and sprint backlogs
- Perform an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Perform an active role preparing plans for Program Increment Planning meetings as part of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) process
- Candidate must reside in the United States
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary Bachelor’s degree required, masters a plus
- 8+ years of experience with 4+ years as a Product Owner
- Experience on a software development team building modern software products
- Experience building highly complex software products
- Clear and concise written communication
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Experience working on a project using the Scaled Agile Framework
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Prior experience working remotely full-time
Physical and emotional requirements for the job:
- This position is to be performed remotely from an individual’s home office and involves sedentary work. Employees in this role can be expected to exert up to 10 pounds of force on occasion in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move standard electronic equipment. Employees are expected to make decisions in a timely manner and display emotional intelligence during occasional stressful situations.
Competitive base salary
Three weeks of PTO
Ten paid holiday days
Comprehensive health benefits (medical with HSA option, dental, and vision)
401k retirement plan with matching benefit
100% paid short-term and long-term disability
100% paid life insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Casual working environment
Flexible working hours
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 703-787-9656 x257 or HR@semanticbits.com for assistance.
Senior Product Manager, Growth
Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals, dogs...
product management customer acquisition merchandising
Hiring from: Anywhere
Product Manager - Accounting
Product managers at Airbase tackle problems at the intersection of finance, accounting and technology while applying the lenses of experience, strategy and business acumen to provide immense value to our customers. About Airbase Airbase is the first all-in-one spend management...
product management NetSuite
Hiring from: Anywhere
Technical Product Manager, 3rd Party API Integrations
Overview With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and...
saas product management API
Hiring from: Anywhere