Administrator - Office 365 -6 months contract
HaysFull time microsoft-teams sharepoint sysadmin
Hiring from: Canada
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: System Administrator
microsoft-teams, sharepoint, sysadmin
- Contract job Office 365 Administrator
- 5-7 Years of Microsoft Teams and SharePoint Experience
- Ottawa 6 months Contract
- 90% Remote
Your new company
Our client is a well-established airline company based in Kanata, a suburb of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Due the business growth, the needs and the team size of IT team has expanded. We are now urgently looking for a Office 365 Administrator who's hands on to establish the infrastructure and extend a modern communication channel for the internal staffs. Your skills are more focusing on Front-end rather than back-end.
Your new role
The company has basic Exchange online however your job is to come in and establish the infrastructure with extended functionalities. You will administer the Office 365 and Microsoft Azure Platforms and champion the adoption of Office 365 services as appropriate for the business. Other key responsibilities include:
- With minimal supervision, assists in the research, design, planning, implementation, maintenance and support of existing services, and works with systems administrators to research, plan, design, implement and support of existing and emerging 0365 Technologies in a complex environment with minimal supervision
- Determines the setup, configuration and maintenance required for new and upgraded applications according to industry best practices and/or standards.
- Performs setup, configuration and ongoing monitoring of Active Directory infrastructure (i.e. AD replication/DNS troubleshooting, event log monitoring, OU maintenance, demotion & removal of domain controllers/DNS/DHCP of servers, promote DCs, etc.)
- Performs setup, configuration and ongoing monitoring of the Office 365 environment (i.e. email monitoring, configuration of security settings, event log and backup monitoring)
- Track projects and system incidents through to resolution via the IT ticket tracking system
- Develops and maintains system-related documentation to facilitate implementation and/or adoption of system changes
- Take ownership of backup and recovery solution and ensures all necessary systems and data are backed up and can be reliably restored.
- Formulate and create Office 365 SharePoint and Teams sites for domain users and external client access
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll need to succeed
This is a new position and you're expert in Office 365, so you'll be able to work with ambiguity. Experience with SharePoint, Team, AD and Exchange is a must have. You also need to be comfortable with responsibilities from Level 1 to Level 3.
- 5 to 7 years progressive program management and online admin (MS Office 365) experience.
- Microsoft Office 365, design, build, and administration experience.
- Experience with SaaS and PaaS in Microsoft Azure or other cloud providers.
- Experience with mid to large size server operations including daily operations and maintenance as well as project-based work such as migrations, upgrades etc.
- Proficient with Windows Server (including services - DNS, DHCP, etc.), Active Directory, System Center, SQL, WSUS, etc.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple, concurrent and conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Good verbal, written, and presentation skills (English)
- Ability to think outside the box and beyond the current solution to identify new and improved solutions - can identify an idea logically, document the overall solution and the technology and successfully deliver the solution
- Ability to train internal users
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
What you'll get in return
You will be able to lay the infrastructure foundation for Office 365 and train users on how to use them. The contract is 6 months with high chance of extension or go into a permanent position.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV , or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Customer Success Engineer (APAC timezone)
About this job Location options: RemoteJob type: Full-timeExperience level: Mid-LevelIndustry: Cloud-Based Solutions, Continuous Delivery, PaaSCompany size: 51–200 peopleCompany type: VC FundedTechnologies linux, php, python, ruby, go Job description As an APAC based Customer Success Engineer, you will be responsible for assessing the nature...
linux php python ruby go
Hiring from: Anywhere
Senior Software Engineer, Data
Lime operates electric scooters and bikes, but our mission is larger. We believe in transforming cities through green, affordable, and accessible transportation for everyone. Headquartered in San Francisco, USA, we operate in more than 120 cities in 31 countries, with...
Hiring from: Anywhere
Software Engineer (API/Infrastructure)
Argyle provides a single global access point to employment data. From that access point, any business can process verifications, gain real-time transparency into earnings as well as view and update worker profile details. By removing the barriers between a worker...
Hiring from: Anywhere