Digital Product Manager, Math
Amplify EducationFull time
Digital Product Manager, Math
A pioneer in K–12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
We are looking for an enthusiastic product manager to join our core math team, ready to dive into user and market research, cross-functional product initiatives, and building our innovative educational products for the math market. Our product managers work with Amplify leadership across design, curriculum, engineering, marketing, and implementation to understand our vision and collaborate with other product managers to build and execute against the roadmap. We are passionate about building the best possible experience for teachers, students, and administrators.
- User Empathy – Be a passionate advocate for our customers and users and empathize with their needs. Represent their perspectives through all phases of product development. Visit Amplify classrooms and synthesize observations and findings. Become an expert in our customer feedback, drawing insights from data points and sharing them with the product team to aid product strategy. Explore usage data for insights into how our product is used in classrooms.
- Market Research and Analysis – Stay up to date on the education market and prepare briefs to share with leadership and product team. Research the competitive product landscape to inform product, design and development decisions. Integrate research findings into strategic planning and product development.
- Product Knowledge – Serve as an expert on our products, working with marketing, sales, and implementation teammates. Collaborate on customer-facing projects including training materials, pilot support, customer conversations and sales meetings.
- Cross-Functional Product Leadership – Lead product initiatives that span across multiple teams, including content, product, design, engineering, marketing and measurement. Drive the delivery of initiatives and large-scale projects from initial concept and planning, through execution and release.
- Product Planning – Conduct research to identify and understand problems with our product and those that our users face and support them with data. Propose solutions to overcome the challenges and work with teammates to build out initiatives that would execute solutions. Create and pitch initiatives grounded in research for inclusion in the product roadmap.
- Product Design – Collaborate with stakeholders, design, curriculum, and engineering to build out solutions to meet the goals of your initiatives. Participate in human-centered design workshops. Make informed decisions by analyzing data from product metrics / user behavior and prototyping results.
- User Testing – Lead user testing of new product ideas, including running focus groups with teachers, getting feedback on prototypes, and organizing feature pilots with live classrooms. Create research plans, interview participants, analyze data, and recommend actions based on findings.
- Team Leadership – Communicate product goals and objectives regularly to your team to motivate them, and empower your team to take on work they think is best based on the prioritized backlog. Own your roadmap and backlog. Prioritize and manage your backlog, breakdown features into user stories / deliverables, and elaborate on them with your team.
- Product Development – Serve as a key member and collaborative leader of your cross-functional agile team to plan, develop, and deliver working software. Actively participate in your team’s ceremonies and be readily available to address questions, concerns and blockers. Partner with design to ensure regular coordination and design QA of features throughout the sprint.
- Product Deployment – Draft internal communications, release notes and training materials for the launch of new features. Review customer-facing information before it is released. Support troubleshooting.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in digital product development and user research
- Proven organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills
- Masters or advanced degree
- Background in technology and design
- Experience working in education or educational technology
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.