Varsity TutorsFull time
Varsity Tutors is looking for seasonal Class Moderators to join our team! We are a fast-growing educational technology company that is revolutionizing how people learn with new and innovative products and services. Our award-winning online and mobile learning platforms connect students and professionals from all around the world with personalized instruction to achieve any goal. Varsity Tutors recently launched our Virtual School Day program as well as our Virtual Summer Camps, a free resource of live online classes in a large variety of subjects and grade levels.
Class Moderators support these live large classes by assisting instructors with technical issues, monitoring chat and videos, ensuring a positive learning environment for the students, and closing down the classroom at the end of class. Moderators need to be highly organized, punctual, comfortable with online classroom management, ability to multitask, and strong customer service skills. This is a seasonal, remote position and moderators will work closely with our class operations team to ensure a positive learning experience for students.
- Education, teaching, or tutoring experience is preferred, but not required
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Conflict management skills and the ability to use high level judgement when managing student behavior
- Strong technical skills, especially in managing settings in video platforms like Zoom, Webex, etc.
- High attention to detail and solid organizational capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Monitor live online classes as a part of our Virtual School Day and Virtual Summer Camp programs
- Assist instructors on starting and ending class sessions
- Resolve technical issues for both instructors and students
- Manage live video platform settings and adjust as needed throughout a class session
- Monitor student behavior and take appropriate action as needed
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives; follow up to ensure fast resolutions with clients.
- Ensure chat and video functionality is working and appropriate for classes
Varsity Tutors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer! We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Varsity Tutors will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. (INDHP)