Faith in Public LifeFull time
Digital Director (Remote)
The Faith in Public Life Digital Director will grow the reach and power of our online network of 50,000 people of faith. The director will be responsible for strategizing and executing on national and local digital campaigns, and bringing a powerful moral message to the fight against the bigotry and injustice of the Trump administration.
This is a new position on our communications team, reporting to the VP of Communications and Digital Strategy. The Digital Director will work collaboratively across the organizing, development, communications and Faith in Public Life Action teams, crafting compelling digital content, using sophisticated tactics and telling the powerful story of the faithful’s ability to shape politics and call their communities into action.
The right candidate will be thoughtful and creative in considering theories of change and ladders of engagement, and skilled at producing the full gamut of digital content from videos, to sign on letters, to social media campaigns, and more.
About Faith in Public Life
Faith in Public Life (FPL) and Faith in Public Life Action (FPLAF) (our sister 501c4 organization) are a national network of nearly 50,000 clergy and faith leaders united in the prophetic pursuit of justice and the common good. With staff in four states and growing, we work closely with our members to take strategic moral action that shapes policy both locally and nationally. We believe that faith leaders have unique moral power to influence public debates and build more just and equitable communities.
- Develop the digital marketing strategy for all of the organization’s key programs and issue areas, with a roadmap for execution that meets and exceeds the desired metrics for c3/c4 digital ecosystem, which includes two websites, several social media platforms, an email delivery tool and an SMS system.
- Establish and track KPIs for each digital platform based on previous performance, expected performance, as well as recruitment and retention plans, and communicate performance goals and results to the VP of Communications & Digital regularly.
- Establish and manage a clear, efficient internal communication system that connects the digital priorities of all departments, ensuring that all teams are consistently and constantly informed of new developments and updates.
- Monitor and share trends in the digital media space to inform the digital and social media teams of new creative ideas and new capabilities; provide training on new tools when necessary.
- Collaborate with Organizing, Development, FPL Action Fund and the Communications staff to coordinate campaign goals, develop campaign concepts, and produce content, including emails, action pages, and social media posts to engage and mobilize supporters to take action.
- Work closely with the Digital Campaigner to implement and integrate new digital organizing and mobilization tools, including a relational voter engagement tool, Outreach Circle, and SMS into a comprehensive digital strategy.
- Supervise our Digital Media Manager and Creative Content Manager to success. This may look like guiding them as they:
- Plan communications to multiple target audiences with distinct engagement goals, and help manage email lists and databases.
- Build emails and website pages with basic HTML; testing and copy-edit emails to ensure quality.
- Work closely with our Director of Messaging and Online Engagement to develop partnerships with major digital influencers (brands or individuals) and create messaging resources for internal staff and external partners.
- Build relationships and strengthen partnerships with ally organizations, affiliates, and community members to support priorities.
- Work with our Development team to create revenue-generating digital fundraising campaigns.
- Manage digital marketing budget, under the supervision of the VP of Communications.
- Work with vendors, consultants and contractors as needed.
- 5 -7 years experience leading and winning digital campaigns
- Experience in political advocacy, electoral, or issue campaigns
- Demonstrated success in mobilizing constituencies online
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; high level of attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines with a commitment to maintaining quality
- Creativity, flexibility and comfort working in a fast-paced environment to capitalize on unanticipated opportunities
- Goal-oriented project manager with demonstrated experience leading complex projects on a tight timeline
- Knowledge of trends in digital organizing, and of best practices for communicating via email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tik Tok.
- Creative thinker and problem solver who enjoys experimenting with new approaches to engaging leaders and voters
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google platforms (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Hangouts, etc.), as well as comfort learning new technology and systems
- Eagerness to work with faith leaders and people of faith from a wide range of backgrounds, including religious tradition, race, ethnicity and class
- Commitment to and experience in advancing racial equity and inclusion in the workplace, as well as a commitment to a thoughtful, reflective and intentional workplace culture
- Experience working in and with communities of color welcomed and prioritized
- Commitment to Faith in Public Life’s mission and working with faith leaders and faith messaging in the pursuit of social justice
- Experience with/knowledge of fighting disinformation campaigns
- Experience with networks of digital campaigners and electoral staff
- Proficiency in using digital systems to manage content (CMS) and relationships (CRM), with a preference for experience with ActionKit, Wordpress and ActBlue.
- Knowledge of basic HTML to produce emails and web pages
- Proficiency in graphic design, experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, or Illustrator).
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a director-level position with a salary range of $70k to $100k, dependent upon experience.
- We offer generous and comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental and vision premium coverage, life insurance, and an FSA/DCA savings plan. We also offer an up to 6% 401k plan contribution and a cell phone and professional development stipend. We provide 15 paid vacation days, 10 paid sick days, 10 paid federal holidays, and additional paid administrative leave, including the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day.