Senior Product Design Manager
WebflowFull time management Product Design
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Design Manager to help us develop and grow a top tier product design organization. This role will be for our Business Use Cases product area that includes our Dashboard, Ecommerce, and CMS. You believe in people management through leading by serving others and view the success and fulfillment of your reports as your primary goal.
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Senior Product Design Manager, you’ll:
- Lead, mentor, and support a group of product designers to ensure the product we build for our customers meets their needs and is of high quality
- Work with Engineering, Product, and Design (EPD) team leads to develop the vision, strategy, and operations of your initiatives; advocate for our customers using user-centered design
- Defining processes and systems for growth development plans and running them for your team members
- Work with design leadership to shape the team’s culture and process
- Build relationships of trust and psychological safety with your reports by fostering a positive environment where they feel safe to communicate openly, share constructive criticism, and contribute innovative ideas.
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the workweek) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Product Design Manager if:
- You have managed a team of senior-level designers in a full-time role
- You understand when to be supportive, when to be directive, and when to sponsor your reports.
- You have a deep understanding of a designer’s career levels (from entry-level through senior roles) and how each person has different strengths. You know how to level an incoming candidate, staff them on the appropriate team, and have successfully helped individual contributors get promoted.
- You can navigate a company building a complex tool with many moving parts.
- Have experience mentoring other Product Design Managers and shaping team management practices
- Have experience working on complex products and made a significant business impact
We encourage you to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Product Design Manager and a human being
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.