National Veterinary AssociatesFull time
National Veterinary Associates
Remote based in the United States, the Manager, Benefits will fully own all aspects of United States benefits management for our rapidly growing business. This role will bring our Benefits vision to life by driving the execution of a comprehensive suite of benefits programs and will serve as a key contributor in the development of NVA’s total rewards strategy.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, People Services—Head of Total Rewards, the Manager, Benefits will develop, implement, and maintain benefits programs, policies, and procedures. Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
·Oversee day-to-day benefits administration, including maintaining strong cross-functional partnerships and ensuring alignment with service level and employee experience expectations, for our comprehensive suite of benefits programs (inclusive of 401k plan, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, wellness, and leave).
- Plan and execute against short and mid-term benefits initiatives
- Organize benefits roadmap project implementation plans and mobilize resources to ensure successful and timely delivery against objectives.
- Negotiate terms of contractual agreements including cost with insurance carriers, vendors, brokers and consultants.
- Build sustainable and scalable benefits programs
- Work with the management team to understand NVA’s long-term vision for Benefits as a core component of Total Rewards.
- Prepare and install plans and changes with appropriate stakeholder consultation, benefits documentation, and communications.
- Oversee integration of benefits programs following mergers and acquisitions.
- Partner with the business to socialize and promote programs, cultivate employee interest and engagement and lead benefits education for our people
- Oversee all Open Enrollment activities.
- Champion and drive utilization of programs to achieve target desired outcomes.
- Develop and coordinate all benefits-related communications.
- Facilitate engaging and relevant education sessions across various modes of delivery.
- Ensure efficient and effective administration and compliance
- Oversee the administration of all employee leave plans, including but not limited to FMLA, military and personal leave; ensuring appropriate partnership HR Business Partner and manager for all related employee relations and/or ADA accommodations.
- Ensure timely reconciliation and auditing of vendor reports, payments, and deductions, for various employee benefit plans.
- Oversee the automation of employee benefit elections, ensuring all data translates to carriers in a timely, secure, and accurate manner.
- Serve as primary point of contact for benefit vendors, effectively managing relationships and ensuring alignment with employee experience and service level expectations.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state legal provisions, regulations and reporting requirements, including the Affordable Care Act, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, Section 125, ERISA, Workers Compensation, Medicare, Social Security, and DOL requirements.
- Lead and develop people
- Provide training, coaching, mentoring, and regular communication to ensure a high-performance and engaged team.
- Foster alignment with NVA culture, competency and performance expectations.
- At least 3 years in a supervisory/management capacity required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or similar discipline required.
- Brokerage experience a plus.
- Canadian benefits experience preferred.
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to analyze data and summarize findings in a concise and meaningful manger.
- Organizational and priority-setting skills necessary to oversee and administer multiple projects across systems and countries and manage to tight deadlines.
- Prior experience working in matrixed organizations supporting decision-making through influence is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/ Outlook) and HRIS/HCM platforms required.
Critical Competencies for Success in Role
- Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits.
- Has a nose for talent; hires the best people available from inside or outside; is not afraid of selecting strong people; assembles talented staffs.
- Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures. Monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
NVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check and drug screen.