Senior Technical Project Manager
Sr. Technical Project Manager
- Job Locations US-Remote
- Job ID 2020-2460
- # of Openings 1
- Category Information Technology
GovernmentCIO is looking for a Project Manager to join our team. The candidate must have experience with a civil agency, preferably Veterans Affairs.
- Must have experience with diverse IT projects both large and small.
- Must be well versed in full systems development life cycle, enterprise wide network engineering, strategic information planning, business process re-engineering, structure and management practices.
- Must be able to identify and mitigate risks to the program.
- Must be able to manage to cost, schedule and performance.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing disparately located personnel.
- Must be able to provide oral and written discussion of analytical findings using narrative and graphic forms.
- Must be able to lead multiple efforts in parallel.
- Must be able to use qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to assess the effectiveness of the operations.
- Identifying symptoms for process improvement.
- Analytical and investigation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and supervision
- Already have VA access
- Experience managing teams in a DEV/OPS model (Development / Operations, full system life cycle)
- Veterans Affairs Project Management experience – highly perferred
- Experience with SAFe/agile development teams
- Experience leading and transitioning to sustainment / production operations
- Experience leading process and tools transformations
- Experience managing projects and project reporting from standard project management tools (examples: MS Project, Rational, Rally, GitHub, VA EPMD tools and VIP Dashboard and others)
- Demonstrates organizational awareness, political savvy, and understanding of effective leadership principles and team dynamics
- Experience leading virtual / geographically distributed teams
- Demonstrated and current experience managing programs with complex data processing requirements.
- Demonstrated and current experience managing program delivering systems/tools/solutions in production, while transitioning to better technology solutions.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor Science Degree – Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline
- 15 years of experience (10 years additional experience can be substituted for degree)