Legal Counsel – Product Security and Supply Chain Security
Dell TechnologiesFull time
Legal Counsel – Product Security & Supply Chain Security
- Location: Remote – US
- Full time
As you would expect from a global business that pushes the boundaries of innovation, the scope and scale of expertise we require from our Legal Counsel is staggering. Their expertise spans litigation, commercial and corporate transactions, IP, employment, immigration, compliance and regulatory matters. Their broad remit involves managing legal business matters, advising on legal issues affecting our business, coordinating outside counsel and reviewing legal data. The challenges are always evolving – and always fascinating.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join our team and play a key role in supporting Dell’s global Security and Resiliency Organization (SRO). The Legal Counsel will provide legal advice and counsel to the SRO teams supporting product & application security, supply chain management, and global security operations with a focus on cloud offerings and on product security incident response management (PSIRT).
- Provide legal advice and counsel to SRO management and team members for the development of policies, procedures, protocols, assessments and reporting requirements related to product & application security, supply chain security and business continuity
- Review and provide guidance to product engineering teams on security practices, including adoption of applicable controls and industry certifications and the Secure Development Lifecycle for Dell product offerings
- Support Go-to-Market launch for cloud offerings and creation of associated governance documents and related contract templates
- Manage customer and supplier information security schedules and provide guidance for contract negotiations and Dell’s third-party risk management program
- Provide support to the PSIRT and product vulnerability management team in vulnerability response process, including creation of security advisories and updates, as well as reviewing high profile vulnerabilities
- Provide legal awareness and compliance training to legal colleagues and business clients on supply chain security and product & application security matters, including legal risks and reporting of product security incidents
- Perform legal research on emerging product security, supply chain security and cybersecurity issues impacting SRO and Dell
- Contribute to the ongoing creation and update of legal templates and playbooks associated with security
- JD and admission to practice law in the United States
- 5+ years law firm and/or in-house experience in product & application security, supply chain security, security crisis management and/or cybersecurity
- Hands-on expertise and knowledge of global product security, supply chain security and cybersecurity regulations and industry frameworks (e.g. Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL), California IoT, ISO, NIST CSF, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, GDPR, CCPA, et al)
- Experience with counseling clients on product and application security, cybersecurity and/or supply chain security
- Experience with emerging global product security and cybersecurity and data privacy laws and regulatory frameworks and associated compliance regimes
- Experience with supporting product and application security or cybersecurity breach litigation and/or regulatory investigations
- Experience negotiating customer and supplier information security schedules and provide guidance for contract negotiations
- Understands product and/or cybersecurity technical concepts and methodologies and has ability to communicate and discuss technical concepts
- Legal project management experience is helpful
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Strong investigative & analytical skills
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, ability to make decisions efficiently and quickly
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.