Project Manager – Technical
Project Manager (Technical)
- REMOTE, AMERICAS
- ADMINISTRATION – CEO
- REMOTE FULL-TIME
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open-source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
Percona is looking for a Project Manager to join our team to work on strategic projects that are transformative to our business. You will coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan, schedule, and execute distinct projects both on time and within scope and budget. This role reports directly to the General Manager of Percona.
Strong preference for candidates based in North America time zones.
What You Will Do:
- Create and execute project work plans that include clear milestones and assignment of project responsibilities, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identify which Percona Departments are required, and work with those business owners to plan and schedule resources accordingly
- Manage program and various project scopes and resources to successfully deliver stakeholder requirements
- Manage day-to-day interactions and expectations with Percona stakeholders, while developing credibility and strong relationships cross functionally
- Communicate project status, risks, and issues to all levels of stakeholders, ranging from technical staff to executives
- Be accountable for implementing and maintaining reliable and repeatable project delivery processes, metrics and operational procedures
- Act as a liaison between various stakeholders on the various projects
- Own change control process and ensure project scope creep is mitigated
- Develop a high-level understanding of Percona’s business, software, and supported technologies
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget, with regular status updates provided to project stakeholders and executive management team
- Deliver customer-facing projects, as required, in addition to internal duties
- Assist with other internal continuous improvement initiatives across all business units
- 5+ years of experience working as a project manager on technology-based projects
- 2+ years of project budget/finance/analysis
- Learned best practices in project management – PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) or PRINCE2
- Developed excellent written and verbal communication skills – you know how to negotiate, as well as communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Developed organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated your ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Familiarity with software and/or database development methodologies
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or ability to acquire within six months
- Experience leading diverse consulting engagements or customer transitions and transformations including third party vendors, internal, and customer resources
- Proficiency in tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Asana, Smartsheet and GoogleDocs
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.