Senior Legal Counsel
Title: Senior Legal Counsel – United States
Location: North Carolina NC US or Remote
At Camunda, we have a simple goal: To help any organization solve their workflow automation problems. All the way from online shops to NASAs space missions, workflows are everywhere, and Camunda is the technology of choice when it comes to automation.
One of the fastest growing companies in EMEA as ranked by Deloitte in 2018, Camunda is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, with offices in San Francisco, Denver, and Boston. We are a diverse team of more than 150. Our more than 250 Enterprise customers include AT&T, 24 Hour Fitness, T-Mobile, ING, Panasonic, Intuit, Universal and more.
Team / Department description:
We are looking for the next great addition to our team as (Senior) Legal Counsel to support our business in the U.S. and Canada. The right candidate will be able to grow with our business, and potentially build and develop a new legal team to assist our North American colleagues. If you have a passion for negotiating and drafting software licensing agreements, and the aim to further develop your skills on legal matters and your business acumen, then we want to hear from you!
This is a remote role with a preference for someone who is based in the US eastern time zone. The role will report directly to our Head of Legal in Berlin, Germany.
The (Senior) Legal Counsel will be expected to work effectively in all directions: upward (to the Head of Legal and the executive team); outward (to the sales and engineering teams, as well as to the companys customers); and across the spectrum to other members of the legal team (as a partner, and, as the team grows, manager and mentor).
What youll do:
- Draft, negotiate, and conclude software licensing agreements and other legal contracts with our customers and partners in the U.S. and Canada
- Provide U.S. legal advice on contract law, data protection law, compliance matters and ideally also Open Source
- Where applicable, educate customers on the particularities of open source business and legal models and the differences from the proprietary licensing model
- Provide support in the corporate housekeeping of Camunda, Inc.
- Build and develop a new legal team for the U.S.
- Diligently ensure compliance and independently prioritize, organize, and manage legal projects, as well as day-to-day legal matters in various fields
- Actively monitor relevant legal and regulatory developments
Required skills and experience for this position:
- JD from accredited U.S. law school; licensed to practice law in at least one U.S. state
- At least four years of professional experience at a law firm and/or a legal department of an international software company
- A keen understanding of issues relevant to copyright, software licensing, and software-as-a-service
- Direct client/customer negotiation experience
- Great people, listening and communication skills; you are able to communicate effectively to different internal and external stakeholders
- You are flexible in your working hours to ensure smooth communication within our distributed organization
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Native English speaker; German and other languages are a plus
- Familiarity with basic revenue recognition rules is a plus
What we have to offer:
- You will join a fast growing company with an extremely motivated team
- The benefits of a start-up environment paired with the stability of a profitable business
- Medical benefits (general, dental, vision) for you and your dependants
- 401(k) Plan from day one
- Competitive compensation, benefits and 20 days vacation
- Freedom of choice in your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Flexible working environment and you decide what works best for you
- Free conference attendance and job related training courses
- Annual company retreat at an international location
- And many more.
Camunda is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.
Did we pique your interest, apply now and learn more. For complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: www.camunda.com/career/.