Contracts Specialist (Legal)
Zeeto, winners of multiple Best Place to Work awards is looking for a Full Time Remote Contract Specialist. As a master of organization you will be in charge of anything and everything contract related both internally and externally. Mainly relating to publisher and advertising agreements with clients, but also including software licenses and independent contract agreements. This candidate will be painfully detail oriented in monitoring review details and due dates. For maximum efficiency this candidate likely has a stockpile of different colored highlighters and post it pads.
Reporting to the CFO, this is a brand new position as currently the contract duties are spread out among the organization. Pitch yourself and amaze us as to why we should hire you!
Contract Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize Contract Management Process – Build and manage an organized contract review process for accuracy and efficiency. You run the show, but will need input from multiple departments.
- Write and Edit Contracts – Write and edit contracts between Zeeto and potential clients. Writing contracts often requires specific terminology and style, both of which contract specialists know and understand in depth. This position must be able to understand and translate business requirements and protections into enforceable agreements.
- Evaluate Other Contracts – Evaluate contracts that you didn’t create. When evaluating contracts, you must take special care to understand everything in the contract and report findings to upper management.
- Redlining – Once the contract has been written, Zeeto and the client may transition into a negotiation phase. You are responsible for leading the negotiations via redlines. You will make your markups via redline and ensure that the appropriate parties follow up, whether that is internal or external.
- Research Legislation and Regulations – Research legislation and regulations to ensure contracts are current and in compliance. Bring up concerns and ask for help as often as needed.
Skills & Experience
- Understanding of contract language – Have an intimate knowledge of contract language and contract style guides.
- Writing and editing skills – Write contracts clearly and concisely, editing for clarity, as needed. Make notes in a way that others can quickly read and understand.
- Relationship management – managing relationships with upper management and cross departments. Making sure that no one person or department becomes a bottleneck.
- Interpersonal communication skills – You will work directly with a variety of people negotiating complex contracts, which requires excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal. Take the ball and run with it, but don’t be too proud to ask for help.
- Must be familiar with Google Docs, Microsoft Office, PDF, and Docusign or related software.
- Ideally familiar with Contract Management Software although we don’t want to spend a ton on a system. Must be able to balance cost and benefit when assessing what systems we need.
- Any degree or related experience in business administration or law.
- Certifications specific to contract writing are especially helpful and may get you bumped up in the line.
- In lieu of credentials or direct experience, positions such as a paralegal or project manager may be applicable.
- Although we are not requiring a certain amount of experience we would like you to pitch us on why we should hire you versus someone else. Let us know why your experience is relevant if it is not obvious.
What Zeeto can offer you
- A chance to work with an amazing collaborative team yet be remote anywhere in the world.
- Health Insurance — Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401k, PTO, etc
- An optional office space (if desired) in San Diego with free coffee, espresso, snacks, juice, soda, beer and more..
- Tons of remote perks including virtual happy hours, games, workout sessions, all company meetings and more to come!
- An open collaborative office/virtual office with a fun, hard-working, start-up vibe. You can be a huge part of the company while also learning a ton and growing your career.
Get to the front of the Line
- Provide a brief summary of your overall experience and why you think you would be a good fit for this specific position.
- Why are you looking at the moment?
- How quickly are you available to start?
- What are your salary requirements?
Location: US Locations Only