Human Resources Business Partner
Title: Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Remote / Or a Plant Location, US
At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people’s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest Certified B Corporation in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food
Danone North America is looking for a Human Resources Business Partner in Remote/ Or a Plant Location.
The Human Resources Business Partner will be the autonomous lead for the Continuous Improvement, Productivity and EIEIO/Creamiser teams (approximately 36 team members) and support manufacturing human resources initiatives. Competitive salary, benefits and relocation assistance are available for this role.
The HR Business Partner will provide tactical and strategic human resources support to manufacturing teams as a business partner for labor and employee relations, recruiting, staffing, payroll, talent management and culture. Effective time management and organization are key to the delivery of Company initiatives and programs and the completion of regular transactional duties and responsibilities. The Human Resources Business Partner will function as a member of the manufacturing Human Resources leadership team and be the HR point-of-contact for identified teams and initiatives.
- The HR Business Partner will report directly to the Director, Human Resources-Manufacturing, with dotted line reporting to the Director, Labor Relations and HR.
Business Strategy & Transformation
- Supports initiatives through collaboration and implementation relative to continuous transformation in the function
- Provide clear leadership by demonstrating understanding of business trends and needs, developing strong relationships and leading through influence, persuasion and motivation
- Partner with Plant and Corporate teams to design and apply change management and transformation strategies that influence organization change initiatives.
- Assist with internal mobilization of functional business strategies.
- Partner with leadership to develop annual strategic plan and vision for the team
- Possess broad generalist knowledge with a working knowledge and understanding of HR principles, policies, processes and technology
Talent Management & Learning
- Partner with the business, talent and learning to ensure the organization has the right people, in the right roles doing the right thing.
- Provide coaching, development and learning for all team members
- Drive people processes to ensure that employee performance levels and capabilities meet current and future standards.
- Use key talent insights to drive and challenge talent pipeline forecasting and planning requirements in line with the function/business strategy
- Animate yearly HR Cycle (Objective Setting, Talent Review, Mid-Year, TDP, ASR, etc.)
- Manage specific talent projects as determined by business strategy
Employee Advocacy & Engagement
- Understand employee opinions and anticipate their needs and concerns. Provide expert coaching and advice to employees where appropriate, support employees in understanding their potential and development opportunities
- Use HR knowledge and engagement and effective performance management practices to provide strategic HR solutions for employees and the business
- Observe and evaluate the environment to improve HR policies and initiatives to enhance employee engagement and overall business performance
- Conduct onboarding of new team members and exit interviews
- Complete employee relations investigations and resolve employee grievances
- Maintain confidentiality and mitigate risk for the company while ensuring employee rights
- Ability to lead with respect, confidence and managerial courage in challenging environments
- Grow a culture of respect and engagement
Systems & Administration
- Maintain accurate people reports and metrics and analyze and interpret data
- Administer payroll and process people changes, additions and terminations
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks, duties, responsibilities and initiatives
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 35 years of general HR experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- HR Certification: PHR/SHRM-CP preferred.
- 3+ years of HR experience in a unionized and/or industrial environment preferred.
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office and various HR Systems.
- Flexibility: The ability to work off-hours and/or weekends, as needed.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com.
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.