Online Event Producer
O'Reilly MediaFull time
Online Event Producer
- Content Services
- Online, United States
About O’Reilly Media
- O’Reilly Media has been Inspiring the future for more than 40 years!
- We share the knowledge and teach the skills people need to change their world.
- For more than 40 years, O’Reilly has imparted the world-shaping ideas of innovators through books, articles, conferences, and our online learning platform.
- When individuals, teams, and entire enterprises connect with the world’s leading experts and content providers, anything is possible.
- Whether you’re working to advance your career, be a better manager, or achieve the next breakthrough in technology or business, learning new skills is at the heart of it all.
- With a range of formats including live online training courses, interactive tutorials, books, videos, and case studies, we equip all members of the workforce with the insight they need to stay ahead in an ever-changing economy.
About the Team:
- You will be part of a team of outgoing, confident, detail-oriented Live Online Event Producers that deliver live online training to the members of our O’Reilly Learning platform.
- Through O’Reilly Learning, we provide training on the latest technologies by connecting our members with instructors from the O’Reilly network of experts and innovators.
- We are looking to add a member to our team to accommodate the growing number of live training available on our O’Reilly Learning platform.
About the Job:
- We are looking for an outgoing, high energy, detail-oriented Online Events Producer to join our team and help us deliver live online training to the members of our O’Reilly Learning platform.
The Online Event Producer will be responsible for:
- Hosting and moderating multiple live online trainings for a global audience in a variety of time zones;
- Preparing instructors to use the O’Reilly Learning training platform, including delivering presenter prep training sessions, answering any questions, and ensuring the instructor is ready for the live online training;
- Verifying and editing event material as needed (such as slides or example files) to ensure they are ready for the training and available to our members;
- Ensuring the events run smoothly, including being able to react to technical difficulties and helping members and instructors with issues that arise.
- You have a “media personality” and a passion to help others.
- You are upbeat, high-energy, enthusiastic, and can keep our presenters pumped up and attendees engaged.
- You can jump on the audio and make sure there’s no dead-air time and you keep the event moving forward.
- You have a track record of gracefully managing the unexpected. You’re able to solve live-event issues/emergencies calmly and remain in control, working well under pressure while multitasking.
- You are able to work with high-profile talent with busy schedules—you can help them get prepared and provide any pre-event deliverables with minimal disruptions to their schedules.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and people skills
- Able to communicate effectively, prioritize workloads, and work on multiple projects or tasks simultaneously
- Able to stay upbeat and energized for 8+ hours at a time
- Able to work flexible hours to host events in time zones around the world
- Able to work in a collaborative environment and across departments
- Able to juggle conflicting priorities while maintaining flexibility to allow for last minute changes
- Able to work well under pressure, react to issues/emergencies calmly and remain in control
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, meet goals and deadlines and work well with limited supervision.
- 2 + years of running live webcast events, live virtual trainings, or conferences
- Experience with audio and video as it relates to prepping speakers for their live events
- Experience with one or more webcasting platforms: ON24, WebEx, GoToWebinar, Adobe Connect
- Proficient in using PowerPoint, Keynote, PDFs, and other document management solutions
- 2+ years experience with project management and high volumes of work
- Ability to motivate the audience and speaker to keep up the energy and pace of the training
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Four-year college degree, or combination of relevant education and work experience
O’Reilly Media is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. O’Reilly Media is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.