Senior Technical Editor
Senior Technical Editor | 29896
- Product | Remote, United States
- Location: San Diego, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is looking for a Senior Technical Editor to join our Information Development group. Our group is made up of dedicated technical communications professionals across multiple areas of expertise. We create product documentation, troubleshooting materials, and best practice guides.
What you get to do in this role:
- Edit content for new features and products for assigned writers each release
- Become a developmental editor to coach writers on how to structure and create topics that help our users achieve real-world goals using clear language
- Contribute to quality standards, guidelines, terminology, and best practices for writing
- Identify opportunities to update quality checking tools such as Acrolinx and Schematron
- Take on special or high-profile projects with a cross-functional team
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Demonstratable experience editing technical documentation, coaching writers on their craft, and providing writing performance updates to managers
- Developmental editing experience preferred (see above) or a hunger to learn how to guide writers in delivering information in ways that are clear, searchable, and structured to achieve the real-world goals of our users
- Collaborative approach to working with peers from different time zones, cultural backgrounds, beliefs, opinions, and views
- Experience preferred in working in markup languages such as DITA, HTML, XML, or SGML
- Experience preferred in working in Scrum/Agile development environments
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.