ElasticFull time excel NetSuite CPA
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Our Accounting team is seeking a Revenue Accountant to join the small, high functioning Revenue team. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking for a broad range of revenue responsibilities within a fast-growing technology company. This role will be distributed in North America.
- Own a part of the monthly revenue close process and assist with our transition to RevPro
- Perform SSP analysis, build out our revenue reporting capabilities, and analyze revenue data
- Lead the performance of key control activities
- Review Software and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) sales contracts for compliance and revenue implications under ASC 606
- Lead the month-end revenue close processes by validating accruals, preparing revenue account reconciliations, journal entries, conducting fluctuation analyses and reporting disclosures
- Provide insight on the appropriate revenue recognition for large or complex contracts with customers
- Draft, update, or maintain revenue accounting memos including write-ups on large and complex deals
- Maintain and improve internal control documentation and assist with revenue and AR process development and SOX compliance
In addition, you will help with ad hoc projects, process improvements, and collaborate with colleagues on a variety of initiatives as Elastic scales.
Ours is a fast-paced, high-growth, global environment. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of professional experience in revenue accounting at a technology company. You communicate at a high level, you have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and you enjoy building efficient processes. It is crucial that you are able to prioritize your work and align with schedules and timelines.
- Degree and a CPA qualification
- Extremely high proficiency with Excel and Google Sheets and excellent data modeling skills
- The ability to simplify complex information
- Presentation abilities and the desire to grow them
- Ability to work independently in a distributed, dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with a revenue automation tool such as RevPro
- ASC 606 Revenue Recognition and SOX experience
- Positivity! We each love what we do and believe that a positive attitude matters
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com. Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement.