Remote Senior Back End Software Engineer, Object Oriented Programming
VerysFull time agile python oop
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Role: Backend Developer
Industry: Software Development
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
agile, python, oop
-We are not working with third parties at this time; any resumes from vendors will result in removal from our vendor list.
-We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
-This position is fully remote, with the option to work out of one of our offices (CA, TX, CO) or remotely following Covid-19.
Verys is a multi-disciplined technology delivery firm that offers a strategic approach to building software through user-centered design, modern development architecture, business alignment all wrapped up in a structured agile environment. We build software to be proud of for clients like Blizzard, American Airlines, Kia, and Experian.
Right now, we’re looking to welcome a new Back End Software Engineer to join our team remotely. In this role, you will work alongside technical leads, developers, QA analysts, and project managers to deliver the quality code that’s lead to our stable growth over the last 9 years.
If you are excited by solving complex challenges and growing your career within an innovative software company, we’d love to hear from you!
Skills & Requirements
- You bring at least 4+ years of experience as a software engineer developing backend/ platforms at scale, using Python, Go, C++ or any object oriented programming language.
- You have additional knowledge around GraphQL, REST, HTTP basics, and the ability to design maintainable APIs.
- You are highly organized and have the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule.
- You are experienced in designing and implementing performant, stable, and maintainable API interfaces.
- You are familiar with software engineering best practices such as unit testing and code reviews, design, and documentation.
- You are self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You love to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- You are an excellent communicator and you collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote, agile environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have a BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or you have relevant practical experience.
- Competitive compensation based on your skills
- Permanently remote work environment
- Learning resources like Udemy, Saisoft, and internal development meetups
- An awesome culture with opportunities to meet like-minded people; whether you’re into gaming, reading, hiking, or craft food and drink, there’s a club for that.
- Philanthropic events to get involved in the community
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible hours and paid time off
- 401K matching
We are excited to review your application!