Ruby on Rails Developer (Remote Non-UK based)
Bit ZestyFull time ruby-on-rails
About this job
Compensation: £40k - 70k
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
We have a vacancy for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join us on a full-time basis. In this role, you’ll join a skilled team of Developers creating high quality, scalable products for our clients. You’ll work closely with our Project Managers, UX Designers and Technical Director, focussing on both maintenance and new development of software applications.
This role would be ideally suited to someone who likes working with Ruby on Rails and is keen to work as part of a team on a range of different projects. If you enjoy creating dynamic web applications and are passionate about clean code, we would love to hear from you.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved with the following:
- Writing efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Identifying performance issues and bugs, and providing solutions to these problems
- Conducting regular Ruby on Rails version upgrades
- Participating in code reviews
- Contributing to creating a culture of writing excellent software
- Taking wireframes/mockups and user stories and build systems that meet the requirements
At Bit Zesty, we offer a range of perks and benefits to help you enjoy your time with us, such as:
- Fully remote working - no more stressful commutes, ever
- Flexibility with working hours
- Regular virtual team activities
- An open, dynamic and collaborative digital working culture
Interested? Click apply now to submit your CV.
Due to the remote nature of this job, we have advertised it in different locations. Please only apply once.
We’re always keen to hear from Ruby on Rails Developers and UX Designers, so please get in touch if you or someone you know is looking for a new opportunity.
Bit Zesty is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Skills & requirements
Ideally, we’re looking for someone with the following:
- Experienced Ruby on Rails Developer with exposure to multiple applications
- Comfortable working on existing codebases
- Experience of working with live applications including ongoing maintenance
- Knowledge of SQL experience (MySQL/PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB/ElasticSearch/CouchDB)
- Interested in learning new technologies (for example, Elixir, React Native)
- Comfortable working across multiple projects and able to switch between them as required
- Happy to work mostly synchronously as part of a team
- Great attention to detail
- Previous agency experience would be advantageous
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject is desirable