Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
HubstaffFull time ruby-on-rails ruby reactjs
About this job
Compensation: $60k - 90k
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead
ruby-on-rails, ruby, reactjs
We are looking for a talented fully remote back-end engineer to help us build world-class products. You'll be playing a core role in our team and you’ll report directly to the CTO and Engineering Manager.
Why Work With Us:
Hubstaff is a fast-growing startup in the time tracking and project management space. Here are some reasons why you should consider joining us:
- We’re a small team that is very strong technically. You’ll be working alongside Senior Developers with plenty of industry experience. You’ll be exposed to hard frontend challenges within a strong team which fosters personal and professional growth.
- We’ll trust you and help you grow. You’ll be given plenty of responsibility as your role will be vital in order for the company to meet its targets. We also take career development seriously and provide education and courses as needed.
- We work from anywhere. You where you want. We care a lot about our culture, having fun while working hard, and our annual retreats.
- We work on our timezone. The time zone you follow is up to you. Still. you should follow a regular work schedule and ideally overlap with our European or American teams.
This is a long-term (years, our hope is forever) full-time (40 hrs/wk) 1099 (hourly) contract role. We care about job security for our team and we’re looking for people who can grow with our products for years to come.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop new web services with Ruby on Rails.
- Suggest performance improvements and provide assistance with application architecture design.
- Point out potential performance problems and suggest fixes.
- Communicate with the Engineering Manager and with frontend developers to establish priorities and plan the application roadmap.
What You Should Know (Backend):
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres or MySQL
- Unit tests (rspec, Jest, etc.)
- Background workers (Sidekiq)
- Working from design docs/specifications & wireframes
What You Should Know (Frontend):
- HTML & CSS
- Vue.js or React
- Service workers architecture
- Advanced SQL (query optimization, locking, etc.)