Senior DevOps Engineer
Revieve OyContract terraform devops node.js amazon-web-services python sysadmin
About this job
Compensation: $55k - 80k
Location options: Remote
Job type: Contract
Experience level: Senior
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Beauty, Computer Vision, Digital Health
Company size: 11–50 people
Company type: Private
terraform, devops, node.js, amazon-web-services, python, sysadmin
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our creative team to maintain and expand our SaaS products into new regions and cloud providers and design improved REST APIs to back our current solutions. Our infrastructure is deployed close to our partners’ customers, and thus, we use multi-region deployments on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
We work full time remotely following agile principles and promoting a highly collaborative environment and doing regular code reviews to promote code quality improvement and knowledge sharing.
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Preferred time zone: CET or +/- 3 hours
What will you be doing?
- Reporting to our CTO, be part of an agile team setting up and maintaining the infrastructure that powers our applications and services on AWS.
- Design, deploy, and maintain our simple backend REST APIs (Node.js and Python).
- Ensure all necessary monitoring, alerting and backup solutions are in place.
- Participate in the ongoing migration to Infrastructure as Code with Terraform.
- Work closely within our tech teams consisting of UX, front-end, back-end and Computer Vision engineers.
- Maintain and improve the CI/CD pipelines supporting Revieve applications and reaching a good unit test coverage for your developments / changes.
- Scripting to import JSON or XML source files from partners into our MongoDB product catalog.
What should you know?
You don't need to have all of these items, but these represent the types of work you will do at Revieve
- 3+ years of professional experience with systems administration / cloud infrastructure / DevOps. Ideally you've worked on large codebases before.
- Experienced with distributed systems at scale.
- Extensive experience with Terraform.
- Deep experience working with containers and understanding their value, limitations and troubleshooting aspects.
- You have experience with designing and implementing REST APIs, HTTP protocol and authentication methods.
- Strong grasp of data formats like JSON and XML.
- Experience with Python, Node.js, shell scripting, Terraform, Linux, robust CI/CD pipelines.
- You enjoy programming (not just quick scripts!) and are excited to have a mix of developing code and infrastructure in your day.Not required but experience in any of the following is considered to be an asset: MongoDB, Parse SDK, AWS lambda.
Who are we?
We’re a group of creative minds and growth-minded action-takers. We’re proud of the work we do and inspired by the people we work with. Although we are organised in different departments, many of us wear multiple hats and thrive in the ability to learn new things and grow, both professionally as well as personally.
We’re inherently global with a diverse team of about 40 people representing 19 nationalities across 4 continents and 8 different time zones.
What do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- Skill development
- Full-time remote work
- Paid maternity/paternity leave (up to 15 working days)
- Paid vacation (5 weeks / year)
- Paid public holidays (10 days / year)
- Competitive compensation package and great perks
If you join us, you'll be able to enjoy being part of a fast-paced environment where we get stuff done and are fully aligned on a shared vision.
Intrigued? We look forward to hearing from you!