Radix DLTFull time
What is the job?
At Radix, we are looking for our first Community Lead to bring together and engage with our current community of developers, and to ignite and foster a wider community of active builders around our technology.
We are building the tools that will give developers what they need to create a revolution in how global finance works. Our tools will include a new and accessible programming language designed for safe finance on a decentralized ledger, an open royalty-generating repository for reusable open-source code, and a public DLT network suitable to serve as the infrastructure for global finance at scale.
But a revolution needs more than just great tools. It starts with true believers who take action with those tools and set an example. To succeed, Radix must grow a community of developers who welcome and educate an ever-expanding circle.
You will begin by learning all there is to know about our planned developer experience, our platform roadmap, and our vision. You will also get to know our current community of intrepid “Radixers”, many newly-drawn to Radix as a solution to Ethereum’s visible problems, some who have followed our founder for over 7 years of R&D. Then, drawing upon your well of know-how, you will formulate a practical, concrete community strategy closely linked with our product and marketing strategies for the second half of 2021, when our community will get their first look at our developer tools, and immediately begin laying the groundwork.
What are we looking for?
- You have previously built a community of developers that has expanded to take on a life of its own - or you’ve been a front lines to witness the birth of a successful community and have learned the secrets of success
- You thrive on finding and initiating new ways to seed and support new flashpoints of enthusiasm and community growth
- You are a builder - you don’t want to just be a community mouthpiece, but somebody who is in the trenches with devs every day and knows the ins and outs of the tech
- You are a communicator, able to convey to a developer audience why they should care about the tech in terms that resonate deeply with them
- You believe in the power of open source development to create great things and serve as a hub for communities, and know how successful projects are run
- You understand that while we must invest in our community, the goal is a self-sustaining movement fueled by personal enthusiasm, fun, and a belief in long-term opportunity - not competitions or bounties
What skills do you need?
- Proven experience in creating and running impactful community developer meetups, hackathons, workshops, and other events, physical and virtual
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and comfortable with community interaction on channels like Discord and Telegram
- Practical development experience - either professional or open source contribution
- Rust or smart contract programming experience a plus
Who are we?
At Radix, we're a team of like-minded thinkers who have long been convinced that we're living in the earliest stages of a global financial revolution. This revolution is being fuelled by decentralized finance (or DeFi for short), which is enabling an assortment of pioneering developers and entrepreneurs to re-invent almost every financial product that is currently traded and invested in traditional markets, without requiring central authorities or siloed infrastructure. DeFi has captured a great deal of attention and investment in the crypto-aware niche, growing assets under management from $1 billion to $40 billion in less than a year. Impressive as its growth has been, its current market size isn't even a rounding error on the over $111 trillion held in traditional finance. We're focused on what it will take to go from billions to trillions.
Radix went back to first principles to come up with the right technical solution—the first layer-one protocol built specifically for mainstream DeFi—and we have already tested out at over 1 million transactions per second. We're keenly aware that the need for an infinitely scalable platform is only one prerequisite among many for mass adoption, and we're also blazing new ground in the areas of purpose-built developer tools, user experiences, and regulatory integration.
We have forged a path deep into the future of what distributed ledger technology is going to look like and we need you to come and be part of the team that is making that happen right now.
In return for working with us, you get to work remotely on your own schedule (or the option to get a local co-working space if preferred), work at the cutting edge of new technology and benefit from an education budget to use to further develop your skills!
If this job sounds like it was made for you, then please apply directly via the link or email [email protected] for more information.