Applaudo StudiosContract scala akka stream playframework sysadmin
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Contract
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: Backend Developer, System Administrator
Industry: Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 201–500 people
Company type: Private
scala, akka, stream, playframework, sysadmin
We are looking for a talented Scala Developer to join our team to code custom applications from scratch with minimal supervision.
Languages: Scala, Kafka
You bring to Applaudo the following competencies:
- 2+ Akka actor model framework experience
- 2+ Play or Spring framework experience
- Fully Functional programming oriented
- Akka Streams (parquet or avro desired)
- End to End reactive flows (Casandra reactive connector preferable)
- Experience working with large volumes of data for medium to large corporations.
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- Professional English proficiency
- Cat (Desired)
- Doobie (Desired)
- Slick (Desired)
- Event sourcing & event based architectures (Desired)
You will be accountable for the following responsibilities:
- Construction of highly concurrent Back end reactive micro services for large volumes of data through kafka streaming.
- 100% Scala with a mix of Akka, Akka-Http, and Play microservices using Kafka.
- Experience in one or more of the following cloud environment tools: GCP Pub/sub (Kafka) or Azure: Event Hub (Kafka)