UX Writer / Product Content
Sendle builds shipping that is good for the world. We help small business thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable and affordable. We’re a B Corp and the first 100% carbon neutral delivery service in Australia and United States, where we harness major courier networks to create a delivery service that levels the playing field for small businesses.
We envision a world where small businesses can compete on a level playing field with the big guys. Sendle is a fast-growing business with bold ambitions and big dreams. Plus, we’re Australia's first 100% carbon neutral shipping service and a certified B Corp.
In the last year alone, we’ve made huge strides towards our goal of becoming the largest SMB eCommerce courier in the world, moving from a single country operation in Australia to successful launch and operation in the US. We also launched major partnerships with eBay and Shopify recently, too!
But most importantly, we’re a bunch of good people doing good work. Wanna join us?
- Maintain the product content strategy and governance at Sendle.
- Shape the UX and product language for all Sendle messaging experiences, using the established style guide for UX writing and documentation for content workflows.
- Interpret data and use it to influence product copy and overarching communication decisions.
- Sharing your expertise for everything UX writing and content strategy by communicating your rationale to stakeholders and backing it up with data from testing and iterating.
- Bridge the gap between brand, support and product in the areas of style, standards, and communication – in a way that supports the overall customer experience.
- Write product copy in line with the overall design and product objectives, as well as Sendle’s overarching product strategy and digital design vision.
- Use writing skills and user experience principles to anticipate user problems, then craft UI copy that helps Sendle customers successfully use the product.
- Partner with product designers, researchers, business analysts, engineers and marketers on communication that serves a global audience and helps customers and Sendle achieve their goals.
- Work with a cross-functional team to optimise Sendle’s existing onboarding and product flows, including any design changes, user alerts, help text and error messages.
- Using established workflow processes, write and review product-related support material like macros, help centre content and marketing collateral.
- Provide guidance and writing assistance to the marketing team to help communicate changes to the product or service.
Note: this is a parental leave cover role and 12 month fixed-term contract
Working remotely, you’re a high-level writer tasked with leading the UX writing function at Sendle. Your writing is naturally warm, clear and friendly – and you’re excited about helping our customers send parcels across the world.
Meticulous about all the writer things like punctuation and grammar, you’re a cross-functional word person who is just as comfortable writing for user interfaces and emails as you are writing for marketing sites and blog posts. No matter where it appears, you have a knack for adapting your style to suit different audiences, mediums and situations – and for creating human conversations with our customers.
- You have a degree in communication or related discipline (journalism, marketing, public relations).
- You have applied experience in UX writing / content design.
- You’ve got a strong background in digital copywriting.
- You have a portfolio of work writing for digital products and across different platforms.
- You can pick up an established voice and tone and run with it in your writing, using discretion for the audience, medium and situation.
- You’re curious about humans, and can interpret research and data to solve problems with words.
- You can identify success metrics and then work backwards to ensure you and the team are meeting them.
- You have a knack for translating complex logistical terms into language that’s easy (and fun!) to read.
- You get a kick out of collaborating with others (even if you’re remote) to get the best outcomes for Sendle customers.
- You don’t mind juggling multiple projects, managing expectations and working within deadlines.
- You’re a bit of a stickler for spelling and grammar.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and iterating to a solution when there is no clear path or answer.
- You are comfortable to raise your hand for help and seek other opinions when you get stuck.
What we’re offering
- A chance to do the best work of your career with a creative team
- A generous professional development budget
- You are able to create your own work environment, connecting to a remote team from anywhere in Australia
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have 5 key values that we look for in every member of our team.
- Humble - We put others first. We embrace and seek feedback from others.
- Honest - We speak gently but frankly. We take ownership of our mistakes and speak the truth.
- Happy - We enjoy the journey. We are optimistic and find opportunities in all things.
- Hungry - We aspire to make a difference. We aim high, step out of our comfort zones and tackle the hard problems.
- High-Performing - We relentlessly deliver. We know the goal and work fearlessly towards it.
Legally, we need you to know this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
But it’s important to us you know this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better outcomes. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
If you want to be a part of something remarkable then we’re excited to hear from you.