DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
SignavioFull time amazon-web-services saas agile terraform
About this job
Location options: Remote, Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
amazon-web-services, saas, agile, terraform
Signavio is the leading cloud-based SaaS business transformation and process management company, founded 10 years ago, and based in Berlin. Our international expansion started in 2015 and now, we've opened offices in 10 locations worldwide.We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to continuously drive forward our DevOps transformation as well as to support our ongoing international expansion. This unique opportunity is the right role for a motivated, talented person who is keen to shape a product vision, and ready to guide the organization in that direction.
- Design, build and maintain the platform for our production systems, e.g. using AWS, Terraform and Kubernetes
- Furthermore, you are following and pushing our strict infrastructure-as-code / GitOps approach on AWS
- Help us to improve our development workflows
- You are transparent about your work, in the form of demos, presentations and collaborate with a variety of internal stakeholders
- Collaborate on the migration from on-premise to cloud
- You will be part of the on-call rotation for our SaaS production environments
- You have experience in setting up and administering AWS-Infrastructure, preferably with Infra-as-code tools (Terraform, Cloudformation, CDK)
- You know how to maintain and debug Docker
- Experience or willingness to learn service-meshes with Kubernetes & Istio.
- Able to communicate processes and results with all parties involved in the product team
- Experience with providing training and guidance to development team members
- Very good experience in Linux.
- You apply software engineering practices (CI/CD, TDD, GitHub workflow) also to infrastructure
- Deep understanding of High Availability, Scalability, Security and Disaster Recovery concepts
- You dislike manual changes to infrastructure. You cannot sleep well with untested changes and fight for simplicity.
- You are a strong team player.
What we offer
We keep things open, agile and communicative. It is all based on trust, not micromanaging. The whole department is located together in one office in beautiful Berlin, however due to the current situation we work and onboard 100% remotely to keep our employees safe.
Our team members are self-organized within their teams, working on independent projects or closely with Product Leads, developers and UX designers. We value your thoughts and ideas and will give you the freedom to push and implement them!
We offer competitive salaries and support personal growth with functional in-house coaching and a personal development budget that includes three days off per year. You will gain – and share – knowledge during recurring learning groups, jours fixes and our annual Code Camp.
You are free to use the OS of your choice, the tooling you are comfortable with and set up your workspace the way you like it. Signavio will support you with all the necessary office equipment, even when working from home!
We get that balancing a family and work can be a challenge, so everyone gets flexible working hours and 30 days of holidays per year. Moreover, Signavio will support you in case of relocation and visa application.
*Do I need to meet all the requirements to apply?*
Studies by several different sources have shown that, on average, men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. In contrast, women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of the requirements before applying.
We encourage everyone to apply and give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning on the job, and although the listing above has been carefully compiled, we are also open-minded and interested to hear about the value you can bring to the role and Signavio.
*How can I demonstrate that I have particular needs in the application process?*
For people living with disabilities, chronic illnesses, or neurodiversity, adjustments and support can make a decisive difference in the application process. If you need any specific accommodations (tools, time, etc.) and feel comfortable disclosing this, please let us know.