DevOps Principal Software Engineer
General Dynamics UKFull time jenkins vmware vsphere artifactory git
About this job
Compensation: £49k - 61k
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
jenkins, vmware, vsphere, artifactory, git
Join us as a Principal DevOps Engineer and you will work closely with the Development and Test teams, utilising your expertise in the implementation and management of DevOps processes and standards, supporting efficient software build and deployment through source code control, continuous integration and software quality tools and methods typically employed in the development of software products. You will work with the Product Owners to ensure deliverables are committed to and delivered on time and to the required quality by the development teams.
A typical day could include:
- Leading a cross functional DevOps team through a software delivery project in a scaled Agile environment
- Defining and managing the continuous integration, deployment and test approach
- Supporting Build Release and Software licensing Requirements across the Product Development and Test Team
- Monitoring metrics and feedback as to the health of the software builds, and instigating strategic actions to address root cause issues.
- Planning of the DevOps initiatives and activities with the team
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution between the test and development organizations to resolve build and deployment issues
Working within a multi-disciplined engineering team, you will bring significant experience as a Scrum Master and possess detailed practical knowledge of all areas from DevOps processes & culture, software development & test, tooling, infrastructure provisioning, maintenance and upgrade. You will have experience of Jenkins/Jenkins Pipelines, Artifactory and Git/GitLab.
Ideally, you may also have experience of some of the following:
- Working in virtualized environments (knowledge of VMWare vSphere)
- Knowledge of Dell Storage solution
- Scripting tools (e.g. groovy, bash, powershell)
- Infrastructure as code (e.g. Ansible) automated deployment
- Understanding of software architectures, and design patterns
- Testing and deployment of software on Windows 10 and Server 2016
- Test Management tools (e.g. Rational Quality Manager)
- Web Technologies (e.g. OData, HTTP, TLS, and REST)
General Dynamics Mission Systems aims to be as flexible as possible so this role could either be based working from home, with a requirement for occasional travel to our site or based within our offices in South Wales (Oakdale NP12 4AA) depending upon your preference.