Senior PHP Developer (m/f/d) — Logistic Services
Westwing Home & LivingFull time php mysql symfony2 laravel html
About this job
Location options: Remote, Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Company size: 1k–5k people
php, mysql, symfony2, laravel, html
Job descriptionThe Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. To pursue our ambitious expansion strategy, we are looking for a Senior PHP Developer (m/f/d) to join our Logistic Services team. You will work together with more than 100 talented engineers designing, developing and maintaining complex web application and services for our eCommerce platform.
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,500 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious expansion strategy, we are looking for a Senior PHP Developer (m/f/d) to join our Logistic Services team. You will work together with more than 100 talented engineers designing, developing and maintaining complex web application and services for our eCommerce platform. Besides PHP, we run services using Node.js on various tech stacks both on-premise and in the cloud.
Westwing headquaters is located in Munich, Germany, but for this position, working fully remotely (even outside Germany) is also possible. It is, however, crucial that you are available between the hours of 9am - 6pm Central European Time (CET).
What we do:
- In the Logistic Services team, there is a broad variety of projects we work on. The team is responsible for the main tools for the buying teams and for the external self-service portal for beloved Westwing suppliers. There, we cover a rather big part of the order fulfilment process. These applications consist of several microservices that use various setups and frameworks.
- We write software mainly using PHP and Node.js on the backend and React on the frontend. We use Laravel, Yii and various Symfony components there, as well as MySQL databases and RabbitMQ.
- If you have a passion for creating A-class applications to provide best in class user experience and help Westwing become market leader, our team would be a great place for you.
- At Westwing we invest a lot in every engineer, we take great care of career development planning and focus on helping them to improve their skills and grow professionally.
- PHP 7.3-7.4, Laravel, Symfony, Yii Framework
- PHPUnit, PHPCS, Psalm, PHP CS Fixer, PHPCS
- Gitlab + Gitlab CI, Jenkins
- API (REST, JSON)
- HTML5, SASS, JS, React, ES6+
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL, RabbitMQ
You come with:
- Knowledge of most of the keywords described above
- Ability to convert your ideal solution for a given problem into PHP code covered with the right amount of tests and to put it inside a Docker image
- Several years of experience in development with PHP OOP (Zend Framework/Yii/Symfony/Laravel experience is a plus)
- Experience with MySQL
- A proactive, goal-oriented, reliable and self-structured way of working
- Fluency in English
- Everyday use of modern development tools/frameworks
- High degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Attractive working environment in a dynamically growing eCommerce sector involving steep training curves and flat command structure
Location: Munich or Remote
Contact Person: Markus Winkler
Requisition Number: 2061
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.