Senior Python Back End Engineer (Remote-LATAM)
LoadsmartFull time python amazon-web-services django
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: Backend Developer
Industry: Logistics & Distribution
Company size: 201–500 people
Company type: Private
python, amazon-web-services, django
Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning models to connect freight with trucks. We automate with algorithms and scale with integrations to better match supply and demand. In doing this we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing cost savings and instant booking for shippers.
Where we are:
Loadsmart was founded in New York and is currently headquartered in Chicago, IL. Our teams operate remotely from different parts of the United States as well as in several locations across Latin America.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimagine a 700 billion dollar industry. You take your impact seriously. You are passionate about building solutions that create sustainable, resilient, long-lasting value. You are a first-rate software engineer, with experience and a proven ability to think strategically, creatively, commercially, programmatically.
We are looking for a Senior Python Back End Engineer to work remotely. You'll join us in obsessing about transformational technology as part of our backend team. You should have experience and a proven ability to use experimental ideas to develop new solutions, build new products, and create new concepts.
We are a growing team of passionate and experienced engineers. We build and maintain services written in Python and Go in AWS Lambda and Kubernetes, using Terraform to manage our infrastructure, Kinesis for event streaming, and several other technologies - we strive to use the best tool that suits our needs. We have public facing APIs as well as internal ones consumed by other teams, which get tested and documented. We have a collaborative work environment, where engineers and team members from different departments pool their knowledge together to help each other grow.
- Discuss good practices for software modularization and feel comfortable suggesting contributions to build our set of internal guidelines and shared code
- Together with other team members, be responsible for the whole lifecycle of an application or service, from conception, specification, development, testing, support, bug fixing and decommission
- Take part in the decision making of writing clean and simple architecture design systems and tools
- Create tests, automation scripts, and configure Continuous Integration tools
- Assist our less experienced engineers with their questions on Python's features and quirks
- Collaborate with other team members to work on applications and services written in Python
- Review Pull Requests from the other members of the team
- 5+ years of programming experience building and maintaining services, most of them in Python
- Be passionate about creating clean, highly maintainable, and structured code, supported by unit and integration tests
- Building blocks. Experience with architectural design patterns for services (client-server, event sourcing, MVC, etc)
- Collaboration with Front End. Experience developing REST APIs as so you can also collaborate on its definition together with frontend developers
- Extra points if you have written, deployed and maintained Go services in production
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes and Terraform are a plus
- You’re very comfortable communicating in English (both written and spoken)
- Native proficiency in Portuguese language
- Troubleshooting. You're good at identifying the source of bugs, know how to dig into the code that may be causing the outstanding issue, and work to resolve any issues that come up
- Curiosity. You're keen on learning new technologies and tools as well as evaluating their pros and cons. You're a pragmatic programmer. You ask questions and are hungry to learn more