Senior Scala Engineer
TweagFull time scala kubernetes haskell
About this job
Location options: Remote, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
scala, kubernetes, haskell
Tweag is a major proponent and contributor to new ways of building composable software. We are active contributors to GHC, have full-time researchers on staff to fund new language features (like linear types and dependent types), instigated the creation of the Haskell Foundation, and created many new libraries and tools in Haskell. We are the top contributors to Nix and were the first to be labeled Bazel Community Expert, because we’re passionate about the impact of great developer tools.
We're looking for exceptional engineers with Scala experience to join our team, either remote or onsite at our office in the centre of Paris. Most of our engineers work remote.
- work embedded in a client team on distributed systems, web services, compilers or developer tools, with their engineers and other Tweagers, or
- work on improving our many research and community projects, or
- any combination of the two, either simultaneously or in sequence.
Skills & requirements
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Strong knowledge of a JVM language such as Java or Scala.
- Experience with runtime instrumentation.
- Familiarity with distributed tracing, log and metrics collection.
- Strong debugging and investigative skills.
- A learning mindset, regardless of level or experience.
- A desire to regularly communicate new learnings.
- An empathetic, humble, and client-focused ethos.
- Strong organizational and task management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, especially written. We are a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication.