Sr. Product Manager - SMS
Mailgun is seeking an experienced Product Manager with experience in SMS and additional messaging channels to lead our SMS messaging business. As Product Manager, you will define, build, and optimize product experiences to establish and grow Mailgun’s business across non-email messaging channels. You will own product planning consisting of roadmap and feature definition as well as pricing & packaging model innovation, and P&L optimization. You will drive strong decision-marketing through quantitative results including A/B testing as well as through qualitative research and customer insights. You will own positioning and collaborate with Marketing and Sales on promotion and sales enablement. You will work directly with executive leaders of customers and partners of all sizes and segments iterating on our product vision and driving business development.
We are seeking business owners who can scale in perspective from strategic vision development with regular, direct interaction with the senior leadership team to tactical product development and marketing and sales execution. There are no product requirements documents thrown over the wall to the development team in this business. We value product managers who want to sit with the designers/developers and dig into the details as owners of their products where we define, develop, and ship new product experiences in periods measured in weeks and months.
- Discover opportunities and whitespace in the market that aligns with our product and portfolio growth strategy.
- Advocate for the customer by leveraging market analysis, conducting buyer and user research, and synthesizing product feedback to understand both user and buyer needs.
- Plan if we should build, buy, or partner through comprehensive product planning and collaboration with the business on product vision and strategy.
- Communicate product plans and generate buy-in by presenting your recommendations and providing updates to executives, peers, and cross-functional teams.
- Define - how your product, features, and experiments will work by collaborating closely with UI/UX designers and engineers in design sessions, UI/UX reviews, A/B testing, and usability testing.
- Prioritize - prioritize what is most important to work on, both for near-term development cycles as well as for quarterly/yearly roadmap planning.
- Manage the release and development backlog through planning, backlog grooming, and iterative releases.
- Release - partner closely with product marketing and sales on go-to-market efforts to develop launch plans, sales enablement collateral, and success metrics.
- Measure and review the success of your product through the instrumentation and analysis of user event tracking, operational data, and business metrics including adoption, revenue, and margin.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of product management experience in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Minimum of 3-5 years in the telecommunications industry with specific product experience in SMS and related messaging channels
- Experience with vendor and carrier management
- Knowledge industry messaging revenue sharing practices and the current regulatory environment
- MBA preferred with strong product management experience developing and managing technical products and services
- Experience researching, analyzing, defining, launching, and managing optimal pricing and packaging for SaaS products
- Demonstrated ability to execute A/B testing with experience executing concurrent experiments to determine what will drive acquisition, activation, up-sell, and retention
- Proficiency with SQL, data analysis, and data analytics tools, including leveraging the data to analyze, report, and make product decisions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize development based on effort, likelihood of success, and usage and revenue potential
- Experience with end-to-end user-centered design process, from strategy, to concept, to final product.
- Demonstrated ability to deeply understand the product, our business, and the competitive landscape necessary to build and execute comprehensive product strategies and development plans
- Strong knowledge of the product development life cycle, with relevant experience in all phases including defining and communicating specifications, managing resources, and leading cross-functional and/or remote teams.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
- Natural leader with demonstrated team-orientation and the ability to lead teams that are co-located, cross-functional, and remote
- Very strong verbal and written communications skills
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Mailgun offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Mailgun provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Mailgun offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles
Mailgun embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.