Sr. Technical Writer, Developer Documentation
About this job
Compensation: $105k - 120k
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Industry: E-Commerce, Social Media, Web Development
Company size: 11–50 people
Company type: VC Funded
Are you a skilled technical writer with a passion for learning and sharing new technologies? If you’re excited about joining a fast-paced startup that’s innovating a new kind of internet experience, let’s talk! As a Senior Technical Writer at Koji, you will develop guides, SDK references, tutorials, and other instructional materials to help our developer community get the most out of the Koji platform. You’ll partner with experts across the company and in our community to build new content and update existing resources. You’ll also help the team identify ways to improve the developer experience through content, tooling, and product improvements. We’re looking for a proactive, flexible, and experienced writer who can help us, and our community, level up.
- Write clear and concise documentation to educate community developers about Koji’s features and functionality.
- Develop code samples and interactive tutorials to help developers get up to speed quickly.
- Work closely with engineers and other team members to collect source information, obtain technical reviews, and test functionality, as necessary.
- Participate in team initiatives to establish styles and processes, and contribute to internal knowledge-sharing.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, computer science, or a related field with at least 7 years of experience in technical writing.
- Experience authoring content with markdown languages and source code repositories. Familiarity with Github, AsciiDoc, and TypeDoc or similar code commenting standards preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal teammates and external community members.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, learn new skills quickly, and balance multiple projects.
- Knowledge of technical writing standards and common style guides.
Ready to apply? Please include writing samples with your application.