Senior Director – Head of Digital Performance Media
Senior Director – Head of Digital Performance Media
- Remote (United States)
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
As the Head of Digital Performance Media and an acquisition marketing veteran, you will lead growth strategy and execution focused on driving Twitch’s user acquisition and retention efforts globally. You will work with leads from Product, Engineering, Analytics, Product Marketing, and Content marketing to maximize the return on our digital media investments, including optimizing reach, engagement, and user acquisition across 30+ countries and languages.
You will be at the forefront of a highly visible strategic marketing investment in digital performance-based growth for one of the leading digital services in the world. You will also bring strong relationships with global ad networks and social platforms and deep experience applying analytics, technology and creative development to achieve strategic success. You will also be an expert in digital media channels and help set media best practices.
- Design and manage desktop and mobile user acquisition strategy and execution based on maximizing return on ad spend across domestic and global markets
- Perform deep analysis of marketing spend across existing and new digital channels to learn and identify the most compelling strategies
- Improve end-to-end user acquisition process, including building ROAS models, onboarding and managing ad networks/partners, optimizing storefronts for conversion, budget optimization, creative optimization, and reporting
- Partner with marketing technology to build the technical infrastructure for testing, attribution, automation, and audience management
- Partner with science and analytics to build scalable reporting to track spend, performance, and impact
- Manage performance media agencies, ad networks, and social platform relationships to ensure they meet Twitch’s needs
- Remain current on market and media trends and the effects to Twitch identifying latest opportunities for efficiency and scale
- Be the expert in performance-based marketing and recommend new digital performance opportunities based on the evolving digital advertising landscape
- In-depth knowledge of display media channels, with a track record in programmatic buying, DSP partners, behavioral/audience targeting, and paid social for performance goals
- Experience evaluating market trends and fluency with measurement metrics and analytics for return on investment targets
- Hands-on leadership experience managing digital media platforms and partners across multiple geographies and evaluating strategic media relationships
- Data-driven mentality with significant experience working with marketing and digital attribution models and large datasets that measure channel performance and return
- Extensive people manager experience and ability to hire and develop the next generation of performance marketing leaders
- Experience working across organizational boundaries and building excellent relationships with a broad range of peers and executives.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in a quantitative / technical discipline and 12+ years of experience in marketing or the digital ad space
- Experience working with consumer and community-first brands
- Prior work experience at a high-growth technology company
- Advanced SQL experience
- Avid user of Twitch and excitement for the gaming entertainment space
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $120,000 – $200,000 yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.