Pearson Online Academy: TOP Kindergarten Teacher, 2020-2021 School Year
- Job Category: Teaching
- Requisition Number: PEARS12160
- Home-based, USA
Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts and students in grades K-12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school solutions including Connections Academy, Pearson Online Academy, and Pearson Connexus. In 2017, it will deliver online learning to over 400,000 students in the U.S. and 48 countries. The group is based in Columbia, Maryland and has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for three consecutive years and a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum, high-quality teachers and leadership, Pearson Online & Blended Learning is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success
Pearson Online Academy is an accredited, online private school serving students in grades K–12 throughout the United States and abroad. Recognizing individualized instruction as the key to student academic and personal success, Pearson Online Academy’s highly trained, certified teachers offer instruction tailored to each student’s strengths and challenges using an award-winning computer-based curriculum, real-time instruction, and time-tested course materials from leading publishers.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Pearson Online Academy: From your home office, certified teachers will “virtually” integrate state-of-the-art instructional tools and curriculum to engage and instruct while individualizing lesson plans and instruction to each student’s needs. Through the use of the telephone, Internet and various curriculum tools they will consult regularly with learning coaches and students to ensure that each child successfully completes his/her instructional program.
The Elementary Teacher will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Support the instructional program with asynchronous web conferencing sessions and synchronous instruction;
- Complete all grading, create progress reports, and conduct parent conferences in a timely manner;
- Communicate with parents, students and other teachers on a regular basis to develop and update schedules, score assessments, provide feedback on student work, suggest instructional approaches and strategies, monitor completion of assignments and coach special projects;
- Develop a general knowledge of the entire program’s K-5 curriculum, including the Gifted and Talented curriculum, and a very detailed knowledge of the kindergarten curriculum.
- Support students and parents with alternate strategies and provide additional assistance with daily assignments and projects;
- Develop the Student Support Team (SST) for their students needing additional support; develop individual plans and ongoing monitoring of students;
- Communicate regularly with parents, students, and curriculum specialists through use of computer and telephone;
- Keep student records and data up-to-date, including cumulative files, online student and family information, and logging of all student and parent contacts;
- Consult with team members and staff learning specialists to develop alternate enrichment activities and modifications to students’ programs to increase student understanding;
- Devise and implement virtual methods of creating and maintaining a “school community”;
- Participate in student recruiting sessions and other marketing efforts that require teacher representation.
- Review curriculum and devise alternate approaches to given lessons to increase student understanding (working directly with parents and students);
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a term of project position for the 2020-2021 school year, with an immediate start date.
- Highly qualified and certified to teach in Elementary (grades K-6) in any state
- Masters Degree preferred.
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office programs)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Highly organized and punctual
- Customer focused approach
- High degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
- Team player track record
- Ability to work remotely
- Availability to work a consistent daily schedule Monday thru Friday; 8 hours daily during pek peak student hours per school requirements, to include daily synchronous lessons with students 10:30 to 3 pm ET.
- Ability to work some occasional evening hours, as needed to support some families