Senior Web Designer
Vaadin’s design team is looking for an awesome new team member to shine in the role of a Senior Web Designer.
As a Senior Web Designer, you would collaborate closely with our marketing teams in Finland and in the US, and support them in various developer-led marketing efforts. To give you some examples, in this role you would:
- Do design-related discovery, planning and ideation together with different marketing teams,
- Do design work in sprints with other designers,
- Typically work on new web page designs and implementations, newsletters, digital assets for campaigns and social media, occasional presentations, icons, etc.,
- Endure the humour of your designer colleagues on a weekly basis
For reasons, our HQ is mostly online these days. Although, on a more pragmatic note, our design and marketing teams are strongly concentrated in Turku, southwest Finland. In a perfect world, you would be already located here, or curious enough to relocate.
However! This can also be a remote position, e.g. for contract or freelance work. Your timezone should be within UTC-5 … UTC+2 to ensure some shared business hours with our teams. This would place you on the map somewhere between e.g. Canada and Finland – ideally in the middle (a special shout-out to all marketing-oriented designers in Brazil and Greenland!).
- Great skills at visual design & designing for conversion: Your work is consistently awesome, always on brand, utilizes efficiently the pieces and patterns of the design system and so on… Most importantly, your work is positively impactful, not just great looking.
- Serious Figma mastery: Our whole team, our work, assets and libraries are all in there. Adobe XD shall thou not use. Photoshop is right out.
- Top-notch CSS/HTML skills with perhaps a touch of JS to bring your designs to life (note: we’re not looking for a web developer, but a designer who’s able to implement the stuff they create)
- HubSpot CMS skills and experience in publishing your work and building templates/modules in our content management system of choice.
- Team skills, obviously. Great overall communication skills in English, remote collaboration skills, experience from working with a team over Slack, ClickUp, Discord, Google Meet etc.
Bonus points for:
- Design Systems experience: using, creating, and maintaining systems of any size. We have our own DS for our web content.
- Brand building, in broader and more holistic sense than just monogram logos and stationery. We love building our brand in-house.
For everyone (contractor, freelancer, full-timer) we offer:
- A global remote-first team experience
- Friendly, supportive, open-minded designer colleagues
- Competitive salary and flexible working hours
For full-timers we also offer:
- A comprehensive relocation package should you need one
- A nice package of other benefits and perks
- Free choice of work equipment