Product Design Lead
Novoda is looking for an experienced Product Design Lead to join the product design team. In this role you will be demonstrating your skills as a team leader and own design delivery and strategy across a team of designers.
This role would suit someone who is a strong individual contributor with the appetite to develop strategic design methodologies, and to build your design leadership confidence to make insightful decisions for the product team and our clients. You will be mentored and supported by a Product Design Manager.
What your day to day looks like
You will work closely with our clients to define, research and deliver mobile products to meet user needs and business requirements. You set the design standard across the team and inspire the design team to push the boundaries of quality within an open and caring environment nurturing learning and development.
You provide practical support and design advice across projects and work with the design team to drive new initiatives that contribute to the development of design as a discipline at Novoda. You will problem solve, run workshops, research and design innovative solutions as part of a creatively diverse team.
You work closely with the customer success team to develop current partner relationships, identify design service opportunities and build new connections. You lead by example and encourage the team to contribute to Novoda’s external design presence through external knowledge sharing and community efforts.
- Principle design leader on a project team, optimising working practices to achieve exceptional product design standards.
- Mentoring project design team members, supporting continuous improvement and managing team happiness.
- Primary design advisor in cross-functional meetings. Confidently report and present on product design decisions and output.
- Initiate and encourage collaboration across disciplines and increase efficiency in the design delivery process.
- Advisory role for stakeholders on delivery, working practices and team structure.
- Playing a key role in defining product direction and purpose, actioning research to gain confidence and measure impact.
- Working closely with stakeholders to define product vision, dependencies and priorities.
- Establish working practices in collaboration with the team and facilitate team reflection and improvements.
- Facilitate team-lead product ideation and concept creation.
- Plan and advocate for user research and testing and report on findings to advise the product priorities.
- Facilitate and participate in design quality reviews for concept, design and implementation.
- Work closely with engineers to establish technical feasibility and delivery roll-out.
- Attending and contributing to client strategy meetings, advising on design needs and driving change towards excellence in design operations and team impact.
- Attending and contributing to Novoda events and representing Novoda at external events. Contributing to Novoda's online design presence, sharing knowledge and expertise with the community and gaining recognition as a design ops thought leader.
- Leading change across all projects in working practices and collaboration
- Advising potential new clients on approach and team set-up. Offering specialist advice in design strategy and operations.
- Advising client stakeholders on approach and team set-up. Offering specialist advice in design operations.
- Drive contribution to knowledge sharing and community outreach.
- Proactively contribute and drive internal design initiatives.
Past experience and qualities
- Experience leading design process and delivery in an agency environment.
- A passion for creative collaboration across disciplines.
- A portfolio showcasing product design processes across a range of projects.
- A wealth of experience designing for iOS and Android.
- An inquisitive, analytical mind with a proactive approach to organisation.
- A logical approach to assessing tasks and prioritising effectively.
- A hunger for learning and sharing knowledge.
What Novoda can offer you
- The opportunity to work with prestigious brands
- Collaboration with a talented, interdisciplinary team of product designers, product owners, engineers, agile companions and business leaders
- A supportive, friendly and creative environment
- Career development support, with a focus on learning and growth
- The freedom to push the limits of creativity, product quality and working practices
- Top spec equipment and tools
- Community involvement (We host the Londroid and DesignLab meetup in both London and Berlin)
- A strong, remote-focused social environment, with regular internal community events.
- Genuine focus on quality of life and employee wellbeing