- Mill Valley, California, or Remote, United States Full time
2Modern is searching for a Logistics Coordinator. The position is full-time Monday to Friday and can be remote/telecommute.
2Modern is a fast-growing ecommerce company based in the San Francisco Bay Area (serving all of North America). Established in 2003, 2Modern is a leading retailer in modern furniture, lighting and home decor (Newsweek/Statista 2020 “Top 5 Home Retailer”). We are authorized dealers for over 225+ coveted brands such as Knoll, Cappellini, Foscarini, Moooi, Tom Dixon, Bernhardt, Artemide & more.
The Logistics Coordinator will liaise with Dropship Vendors / 2Modern Warehouse and 3rd Party Carriers to coordinate timely and economical order fulfillments, with a primary focus on LTL / Freight shipments e.g. large furniture shipped on a pallet.
The Logistics Coordinator will manage all aspects of the Logistics / Order Fulfillment cycle, from booking LTL shipments to following up on late pickups, shipping status, Lost / Damage Claims, and providing updates to the end customer as needed. The LC will work closely with 3rd Party Logistics Partners and carriers to ensure carrier performance and shipment accuracy is maintained at a high standard.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Booking and Managing Shipments / Exceptions
- Book Freight (LTL) shipments via 3rd Party carrier portal
- Respond to vendor shipping requests quickly and accurately
- Manage escalations – between vendor and carrier, or carrier and end customer
- Actively monitor shipments, intervene swiftly in case of issues
- Manage Claims, from timely initiation to final resolution (Approved / Denied)
- Provide tracking to end customer via OMS entry
- Fulfillment Analysis
- Highlight potential margin issues to Operations and Brand Management teams
- Continually review freight cost to keep costs down where possible
- Periodic performance review of carriers
- Import Parcel invoice data into Order Management System (OMS)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proactive, independent worker; decisive, ability to prioritize
- Creative problem-solver
- Well organized, detail oriented
- Procedural mindset; talent for recognizing opportunities to improve / optimize processes
- Analytical; ability to recognize and evaluate shipment / carrier performance trends
- Understanding of quality management principles
Qualifications / Experience
- 2+ years of experience with Responsibilities & Tasks as listed above
- Two-year degree required (Bachelor’s degree preferred); Experience may substitute for education
- MS Excel familiarity a must; knowledge of basic formulas and Pivot tables a plus
Hours Needed: Approximately 40 hours a week to be worked during standard business hours.