- San Francisco or Remote
We’re looking for an Events Manager to help bring our brand to life through playful and original experiences. You’ll create Discord moments that give our super fans some of their best memories. Help bring events into the virtual world through Discord. And, you’ll help us activate new audiences along the way. Get your suitcase ready, because once this pandemic is over it’s go time.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and manage project budgets for events, digital and physical.
- Collaborate with product teams to develop digital event best practices and determine success metrics.
- Build Discord’s digital event strategy, including inbound partner relationship management.
- Own development for integrated plans on physical events. From initial planning to on-site event management and post-event follow up.
- Work with brand, creative, community, and product teams to bring Discord to life through fan experiences.
- Support events team participation in major US and global events including PAX, GamesCom, TwitchCon and more.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors/partners to support event needs.
- Manage projects by developing comprehensive work plans, including schedules, important milestones to help coordinate cross-functional teams.
- On-site booth and event support and management.
- Coordinate event-related logistics including travel.
- Travel to event locations around the world.
What you should have
- 3+ years’ experience in events field or equivalent
- Experience running events with on-site merch sales
- Experience using Discord or other online platforms for event or community management
- Passion for Discord and belief in our mission
- Passion for designing experiences and a hunger to excel in a fast-paced environment
- You are curious and get excited about new projects and experiments
- Creative problem solving skills
- Highly organized, detail focused, ability to handle stress and last-minute, urgent requests
- Experience managing game industry events
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It’s been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today – a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what’s next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.